Have you been trying to find some of the best but cheaper SiteGround alternatives?
If so then you have arrived at the right blog post…
In early June 2020, SiteGround increased its pricing. And, since then hosting seekers with smaller budgets are having trouble finding a suitable alternative.
I would be lying if say that SiteGround is in any way bad. On the contrary, it is one of the three hosting services that WordPress itself recommends.
But ever since there was a surge in its pricing (and a couple of other setbacks too), it has become difficult for site owners to opt for SiteGround.
Therefore, in this blog, I am going to list 8 cheaper alternatives to SiteGround that are just as good and offer almost similar WordPress hosting experience.
Before we dive into detail, here an –
Overview Of SiteGround Alternatives
|Hosting Service||Uptime||Response Time||Storage (in basic plan)||Starting Price|
|Bluehost||99.99%||405 ms||50 GB||$2.95/month|
|DreamHost||99.94%||648 ms||50 GB||$2.95/month|
|A2 Hosting||99.93%||317 ms||100 GB||$2.99/month|
|FastComet||99.97%||807 ms||15 GB||$3.95/month|
|InMotion Hosting||99.95%||824 ms||50 GB||$6.99/month|
|ChemiCloud||99.98%||490 ms||15 GB||$3.95/month|
Now that you have got an idea about what’s in store, allow me to briefly talk about SiteGround and then delve into the detail of its alternatives.
What Is SiteGround?
SiteGround is a hosting service provider that was founded in 2004. Since its launch, it has been working tirelessly to host your websites on its servers.
And, as of now, SiteGround claims to be offering services to more than 2,000,000 domains.
Because of its stellar performance, a few years earlier, WordPress started officially recommending SiteGround as one of its three preferred hosting solutions.
The foundation of its success for WordPress hosting services was laid on several features. A few of these includes –
- Free WordPress installation
- Website migration plugin
- Free SSL certificates & CDN
- Daily backups
- Professional email mailbox
- Servers on Google Cloud
…and much more.
Not to forget, they have stellar customer support.
This begs the question –
Why Do We Need SiteGround Alternatives?
With an extensive feature set, awesome performance, and a proven track record, it is obvious that you’d have to pay a heavy price to avail SiteGround’s hosting services.
The most basic plan of SiteGround (StartUp) would cost you $6.99/month. On top of this, SiteGround does not offer free domain registration. For this, it charges an additional fee of $15.95/year.
Now coming to its billing, you may think that $6.99/month can be managed. But that’s not the truth…
$6.99/month is the best deal that would be charged if you opt for the 12 months package. If you choose a monthly package, it would cost you $19.99/month. And, similarly, if you choose a 24 months package, this rate will increase to $9.99/month.
Not to forget, there are additional premium add-ons as well that would add extra charges.
Overall, SiteGround has become a very expensive choice for WordPress hosting.
That’s not all. SiteGround also has limited disk space and imposes strict CPU limitations. So if your site has a huge volume of traffic, SiteGround is not an ideal option.
With that being said, I hope that you have now realized that finding the best SiteGround alternative is the only logical option left.
So without any further ado, let’s start with –
1. Bluehost (Best SiteGround Alternative)
It would be logical to mention the hosting service that WordPress recommends at first. I am talking about Bluehost.
Bluehost was launched in 2003 and since 2005, WordPress is recommending it to website owners. This reign of recommendation is only because of Bluehost’s efficiency, performance, and inexpensiveness.
Not to forget, apart from offering WordPress hosting, Bluehost also specializes in shared web hosting, dedicated hosting, VPS hosting, etc.
What Makes Bluehost The Perfect Alternative?
- To match SiteGround’s performance, Bluehost assures 99.99% uptime with 405 ms as minimum response time.
- If you are starting a new website, Bluehost will offer you a free domain name registration for the first year. SiteGround on the other hand charges you registration fees.
- Also, just like SiteGround, Bluehost will automatically install WordPress for you as soon as you get the plan.
- Unlike SiteGround where it offers merely 10 GB of storage space in its basic plan, Bluehost offers up to 50 GB of SSD disk space in its first plan.
Bluehost WordPress Hosting Pricing
Bluehost offers three generous subscription plans for WordPress hosting. But the stuff that makes Bluehost the cheapest SiteGround alternative is the number of amenities in each plan.
- Basic – It would cost you $2.95/month and would allow you to host 1 website. Along with this, you’d also get free SSL, 50 GB storage space, free domain registration, sub-domains & parked domains, and $200 worth of marketing credit
- Plus – To host unlimited websites, you’d have to pay $5.45/month. The plan also includes everything in the Basic plan and you get unlimited storage, parked & subdomains.
- Choice Plus – At the same cost of $5.45/month you get everything in the Plus plan and also CodeGaurd Basic backup facility.
Pros & Cons Of Bluehost
- Cheaper than SiteGround
- Generous & feature-rich pricing plans
- Enough storage space in the Basic plan
- Adequate resources
- Free marketing credits
- Free CDN & SSL certificate
- No migration services
- An automatic backup facility is a premium add-on
2. DreamHost (Reliable Alternative To SiteGround)
So what if DreamHost isn’t as popular as Bluehost or other alternatives to SiteGround? It is still recommended by WordPress. Yes, DreamHost is the latest addition to the list of hosting services that are officially recommended by WordPress.
If we talk about the customer base, DreamHost claims to be offering services to over 400,000 customers. The total tally of the number of websites hosted on DreamHost crosses 1.5 million.
Clearly, DreamHost has what it takes to give tough competition to SiteGround i.e. set of features and inexpensive pricing plans.
What Makes DreamHost The Perfect Alternative?
- It offers respectable performance. According to the latest tests, it was found that DreamHost has a 99.94% uptime record with 648 ms minimum load time.
- Unlike other alternatives to SiteGround, DreamHost provides a free privacy protection feature.
- The characteristic that makes it superior to SiteGround is that it offers unmetered bandwidth and an unlimited number of visits per month.
- All the WordPress hosting plans of DreamHost provide a free automated website migration service.
DreamHost WordPress Hosting Pricing
This hosting service provides shared as well as managed WordPress hosting services. For the shared plans, there are only two plans. While for managed hosting, there are three relatively expensive plans.
Here’s an overview of the shared WordPress hosting plans –
- Starter – To host only one website, you’d have to pay $2.95/month. This plan also offers other features like free domain registration, free SSL certificate, 50 GB storage, WP site builder, etc.
- Unlimited – As the name suggests, this plan allows you to host unlimited websites at the cost of $4.95/month. It includes all the features from the Starter plan along with unlimited professional emails, unlimited storage, unlimited subdomains, etc.
Pros & Cons Of DreamHost
- Respectable performance
- Officially recommended by WordPress
- Offers several free amenities
- A good set of guides & knowledge base
- Free privacy protection
- A free website builder is also included
- Provides only US-based data centers
- Professional email is available as a premium add-on in the Starter plan
- Customer support via live chat is available for certain working hours only
3. A2 Hosting (Fastest SiteGround Alternative)
Another popular hosting service that is widely recommended to newbie website owners is A2 Hosting. Just as SiteGround is known for its performance, A2 Hosting also claims to be offering 20 times faster hosting performance.
Therefore, A2 Hosting classifies to be one of the best alternatives to SiteGround. So if you are trying to host your WordPress websites, A2 Hosting could be your go-to solution.
What Makes A2 Hosting The Perfect Alternative?
- It is the fastest alternative to SiteGround as it offers 317 ms as the minimum load time. The uptime of 99.93% is also a respectable number.
- Out of all the SiteGround competitors mentioned in this blog, A2 Hosting offers the biggest storage space in its basic plan i.e. 100 GB.
- If you are already hosted on SiteGround (or any other hosting services), A2 Hosting will migrate your website to their servers for free.
- Not only does A2 Hosting is superior in performance but it also implements exceptional security measures.
A2 Hosting WordPress Hosting Pricing
For WordPress, A2 Hosting offers two types of plans – shared and managed. Since we are looking for cheaper replacements for SiteGround, I am only going to cover the shared plans as they are relatively inexpensive.
- Startup – At the price of $2.99/month, you get to host 1 website with 100 GB SSD storage space. Other key features like free SSL, CDN, staging area are also included.
- Drive – This plan will cost you $4.99/month and allow you to host unlimited websites with unlimited storage. Other features available in this plan are automatic daily backups, 2x resources, unlimited emails, etc.
- Turbo Boost – This plan is performance-oriented. Hence you’d have to pay $9.99/month to get this plan and host unlimited websites. The plan includes Turbo features like 20x times faster performance, unlimited NVMe storage, etc.
- Turbo Max – Finally, this plan will charge you $14.99/month and includes all the features with 5x more resources.
Pros & Cons Of A2 Hosting
- Fastest shared hosting performance
- Generous resources & features in the basic plan
- Offers free migration
- Free SSL and CDN is also included
- Various options of data centers
- No PCI compliance
- Average uptime record
If you are looking for a hosting service that operates on green energy then your search will end on GreenGeeks. As the name suggests, it is the number 1 green energy hosting service provider and hence, deserves to be on this list of alternatives to SiteGround.
Since its launch in 2008, in Los Angeles, California, GreenGeeks has been catering to customers from 150 countries. Apart from WordPress, they also excel in shared web, VPS, and reseller hosting.
What Makes GreenGeeks The Perfect Alternative?
- GreenGeeks leaves no stones unturned and offers unlimited web space and data centers even in its basic plan.
- The sites hosted on GreenGeeks servers are known to load faster as it utilizes LiteSpeed WebServer and comes with LS Cache Plugin.
- You should be relieved to know that GreenGeeks has a 99.98% uptime record with 445 ms minimum load time.
- To save you from any kind of hassle, the hosting provider will automatically install WordPress for you.
GreenGeeks WordPress Hosting Pricing
The service provider offers three very cheap (cheaper than SiteGround) and eco-friendly pricing plans. The best part about these plans is that they comprise of almost similar features. The limitations are the number of websites hosted.
Just so you would know, the common features include unlimited storage, unlimited data transfer, free SSL certificate, domain registration, CDN, databases, and much more.
- Lite – For $2.95/month, you get to host 1 website with standard performance.
- Pro – At the cost of $5.95/month, you can host unlimited websites and the performance level is upgraded to 2x.
- Premium – At last, by paying $11.95/month, you can host unlimited websites with premium SSL, dedicated IP, and 4x performance resources.
Pros & Cons Of GreenGeeks
- Provides free site migration service
- Unlike SiteGround, it offers free domain registration
- Multiple options of data centers
- Unlimited storage and bandwidth
- Green energy enthusiasts
- Data protection and ensures privacy
- Higher renewal costs
- No phone support
FastComet is a relatively newer hosting service for WordPress. Despite being new, it has managed to capture a lot of attention from hosting seekers. And, once they have opted for FastComet, they aren’t disappointed with its performance.
Speaking of which, according to the latest test results, FastComet has an average uptime record of 99.97%. Moreover, the minimum response time recorded is 807 ms.
What Makes FastComet The Perfect Alternative?
- The service provider proudly talks about their 24×7 customer support. The best part – you get priority support no matter which plans you choose.
- FastComet is very serious about performance. Hence it uses only SSD storage.
- Unlike SiteGround, FastComet offers you access to cPanel. You can easily manage your hosting settings with this.
- If you are already having a website, you can avail FastComet’s free site migration services.
FastComet WordPress Hosting Pricing
The characteristic that makes FastComet the best cheaper SiteGround alternative is obviously it’s pricing. The cheaper plans are available with a shared cPanel hosting package.
Here’s the overview of this plan package –
- FastCloud – To host just one website, you’d have to pay $3.95/month. Just like SiteGround, FastComet also offers a limited SSD space of 15 GB. 2 CPU cores, 2 GB RAM, and other features are also included in this plan.
- FastCloud Plus – In this plan, you have the liberty to host unlimited websites at the price of $5.75/month. Other features available are 25 GB space, 4 CPU cores, 3 GB RAM, and more advanced amenities.
- FastCloud Extra – This plan extends the unlimited sites hosting capability by providing features like 35 GB space, 6 CPU cores, 6 GB RAM, at the price of $7.95/month. As always, other technical features are also available in this plan.
Pros & Cons Of FastComet
- Very prompt customer support
- Extensive guide and knowledge-base
- Cheaper pricing plan
- Free site migration
- Free resources like CDN, security, etc.
- Purely SSD hosting service
- Average response time
- Limited storage space on all plans
6. InMotion Hosting
One such hosting service that has been silently offering a better hosting experience to its customers is InMotion Hosting. The quality of hosting, performance, and competitive pricing makes it a deserving alternative to SiteGround.
To further back up its spot in this list, the folks at InMotion Hosting proudly talk about its huge clientele of 170,000+ users. And, not to forget, they have a hosting experience of 15+ years.
What Makes InMotion Hosting The Perfect Alternative?
- InMotion Hosting has a good average uptime record of 99.95% with 824ms as average loading speed.
- While SiteGround offers a migration plugin, InMotion Hosting doesn’t even let you lift your finger and offers an extensive site migration service.
- Similar to SiteGround and its alternatives, InMotion Hosting also offers free SSL, domain registration, and much more.
- This hosting service incorporates all the best safety and security measures so that your sites remain protected from hackers and malware.
InMotion Hosting WordPress Hosting Pricing
Surprisingly, the price of InMotion Hosting’s basic plan and SiteGround’s basic plan is the same i.e. $6.99/month. Although, InMotion Hosting offers more resources and features than SiteGround.
- WP-1000S – $6.99/month for 1 website with 50 GB SSD storage, 4x performance, 20K monthly visitors, free SSL, etc.
- WP-2000S – $9.99/month for 2 websites with 100 GB SSD storage, 6x performance, free SSL, staging area, etc.
- WP-3000S – $12.99/month for 3 websites with 150 GB SSD storage and 8x performance. Other features like a staging area, dedicated Opcode Cache pool, etc. are also included.
- WP-4000S – At $19.99/month, you get to host 6 websites with 200 GB SSD storage, 12x performance, marketing tools, and other advanced tools.
Pros & Cons Of InMotion Hosting
- Free website backups
- Free SSL & domain registration
- Site migration for free
- Stable uptime record
- Good set of features in the basic plan
- Bad load time
- There are no plans that offer unlimited site hosting capabilities
One of the newest SiteGround alternatives that have come up in the eyes of website owners is ChemiCloud. It offers web hosting, Cloud VPS, reseller, and most importantly, WordPress hosting.
If you are having doubts about the reliability of this service then you must check out its reviews and rating. Believe it or not, ChemiCloud is highly rated on review-based sites and other hosting review blogging platforms.
What Makes ChemiCloud The Perfect Alternative?
- ChemiCloud assures rock-solid reliability. According to the latest tests, ChemiCloud has an uptime of 99.98% with 490ms response time.
- It offers you the choice to choose your server location for your website. The total number of available options is 8.
- Unlike SiteGround and any of its competitors, ChemiCloud offers free domain registration. It remains free as long as you remain a customer of ChemiCloud.
- The service also handles the fuss of migrating your website to its servers for free.
ChemiCloud WordPress Hosting Pricing
ChemiCloud offers three extremely affordable pricing plans for WordPress hosting. The best part about its pricing is that all the plans come with a 45 days refund policy.
Also, all the plan includes some essential features like free SSL, unlimited bandwidth, email accounts, daily backups, etc.
- Starter – To host 1 website with 15 GB SSD space, you’d have to pay $3.95/month.
- Pro – At the same time, to host unlimited websites with 25 GB SSD space, you’d have to pay $6.95/month. Advanced features like one-click backup restore, priority support, staging, etc. are also included in this package.
- Turbo – Finally, to host unlimited websites with 10x faster-loading speed, you’d have to pay $10.95/month. SSD space is increased to 35 GB, and other features like 3x more power & memory, Memcached, Cloudflare Railgun is also included.
Pros & Cons Of ChemiCloud
- Free lifetime domain registration
- Good performance stats
- No-charge migration
- Offers unlimited bandwidth on all plans
- Automated free backups
- Unlimited email accounts
- Relatively newer and has slightly lesser experience in hosting
- No option for dedicated servers
No list of hosting services or domain registrars would be complete without mentioning HostGator in it. The same goes for this list of SiteGround competitors as well.
HostGator has been in the business of hosting services since 2002. If you’d ask me, that’s a lot of experience. Consequently, it offers WordPress hosting along with shared, dedicated, VPS, and reseller hosting.
What Makes HostGator The Perfect Alternative?
- It has a decent uptime record of 99.96% despite claiming 99.99%. Apart from this, it has a very high response time of 1.2s.
- Although, for WordPress hosting, HostGator ensures 2.5x faster load times. All thanks to its cloud architecture, CDN, etc.
- HostGator allows you to automatically create backups of your website and also restore them in just a single click.
- Just like other competitors of SiteGround, HostGator too offers free site migration services.
HostGator WordPress Hosting Pricing
The hosting service is available for purchase via three pricing plans. Although, the amenities that differentiate it from SiteGround are unmetered storage space, $100 worth of Google Adwords credit, free domain registration, SSL, etc.
- Starter – $5.95/month for hosting 1 website.
- Standard – $7.95/month to host 2 websites.
- Business – To host 3 websites, you’d have to pay $9.95/month.
Pros & Cons Of HostGator
- Offers unmetered storage
- Flexible billing cycles (1 month to 36 months)
- Unmetered bandwidth
- Poor response time
- No advanced features
You would be now wondering about how can I conclude this article when I haven’t even mentioned other WordPress hosting services like Kinsta, Cloudways, WP Engine.
To be honest, yes, all the above three mentioned services offer better hosting services than SiteGround.
But they are more expensive than SiteGround.
If you have a bigger budget, you can go for Kinsta or Cloudways. It will do wonders for you.
If not then you could consider any of the above-mentioned cheaper SiteGround alternatives.
As always, if you have any queries or suggestions regarding these alternatives, feel free to drop them in the comments section.
Also, don’t forget to check out other related blogs as well –