What are the chances that you are looking for the best email list cleaning service?
If you have landed on this blog then I am quite sure that it is high…
Before we go any further, I would like to appreciate your decision to clean your email list. Trust me, this will definitely uplift your email marketing strategy.
Unlike you, there are still many email marketers who believe that “size matters”. Well, it may but not when it comes to email marketing.
What truly matters is how serious are you with your email list hygiene. You are eventually going to get blacklisted if you neglect this and continue sending to invalid, bad or expired email addresses.
And, once you are blacklisted or have tarnished your sender score/reputation, it becomes immensely difficult to recover.
But you are wise..!! Wise enough to clean your email lists with the help of any of the 9 best email list cleaning service.
Before we dive into their details, here’s an…
Overview & Comparison Of Email List Cleaning Tools
|Services||5,000 Credits||10,000 Credits||50,000 Credits||100,000 Credits||500,000 Credits|
>> If you want to jump straight to the detailed breakdown of each email list cleaning software, click here.
If not then allow me to explain to you –
What Are Email List Cleaning Services?
The email list cleaning services are basically a tool that cleans your email list by removing invalid, misspelled, expired or spam trap email addresses.
Speaking simply, the email list cleaning tool checks and verifies if the email address is deliverable or not.
You’d be shocked to know that according to recent studies, approximately 25% of your email list burns out due to opting out, unsubscribing, expiration or suspension. It makes no sense to send emails to those email addresses that don’t even exist.
So it is highly recommended to clean your list at regular intervals for yielding maximum output.
However, you should also know the difference between scrubbing your email list and segmenting your email list based on their recent activity and engagements.
How Does Email List Cleaning Works?
There are tons of email list cleaner available in the market, each unique in their own way…
But the prime objective of each of those list cleaning tools is to weed out the invalid, expired or misspelled email addresses.
And, for that, they use extensive cleaning and verification processes like –
- Checking Email Address Syntax – There can be a few email addresses that are misspelled like – [email protected] or [email protected]. This process removes all the email addresses with improper syntaxes.
- Verifying Role-Based Email Addresses – More often than not, your email list may contain role-based email addresses like [email protected], [email protected], etc. This process removes all such expired addresses if found expired.
- Removing Disposable Email Addresses – This process deletes all the email addresses that are disposable in nature or have a one-time-use.
- Checking MX Records – This process eliminates all the email addresses after checking if the domain is invalid and does not contain required MX records.
- Detecting Spam Traps – It is the most important process of all as it detects & removes the spam traps, honeypots or blacklist emails after confirming if it exists in the database of email addresses that are being used for trapping spammers.
In addition to these, there are few more advanced intermediate processes. And, at last, the final email verification process involves sending SMTP pings to every email address to confirm their existence.
After this, the list cleaning services will provide you a cleansed version of your email list.
Benefits Of Cleaning Your Email List
By now, I am quite sure that in the future, you will take email list cleaning seriously…
But if you still need some more convincing, allow me to enlighten you with list cleaning benefits in the form of an infographic.
Benefit 1 – Removing invalid emails means low bounce rates
Benefit 2 – You will receive lower or no spam complaints
Benefit 3 – Cleaning your list ensures the respectable sender reputation
Benefit 4 – Good sender reputation boosts overall domain reputation
Benefit 5 – Cleaning your list assures higher open rates
Benefit 6 – Since there’s an improvement in open rates, click rate also improves
Benefit 7 – Good email engagement leads to better email delivery
Benefit 8 – Removing bad emails could lower your expense on email marketing service
… and many more.
Now that you are also well versed in the importance and benefits of email list cleaners, it is finally the time to explore them in detail.
1. MyEmailVerifier (#1 Recommended Email List Cleaner)
I will be honest with you, MyEmailVerifier was not in the initial draft of this blog post. But after checking out the reviews and personally trying this bulk email list cleaner, I found it to be better than the other services mentioned in this list.
Another noticeable characteristic of MyEmailVerifier is that it provides plenty of offers. And, with these offers, you can avail up to 10,000 free email verification credits. In spite of such offers, this email cleaning service assures a 98% delivery rate.
Unique Features Of MyEmailVerifier
- MyEmailVerifier has upgraded its engine and became the first service to identify disabled users in Yahoo as well as in AOL.
- You can also use the MyEmailVerifier API and integrate it with your online forms, CMS pages, CRM, SaaS applications, etc.
- As a part of the recent engine update, MyEmailVerifier will remove all the abuse, spam, and bot created email addresses.
Basic MyEmailVerifier Features
- Checks the syntax of each email addresses
- The engine has an in-built MX record checker
- Packed with a Catch-All email checker
- Detects role-based email accounts
- Identifies emails built on free domains
- SMTP based email verification method
- Identifies greylisting enabled domains
- Checks & removes Spam Traps
- Email marketing service integration
As said earlier, MyEmailVerifier gives plenty of offers than allows you to get free email verification credits. These offers can be availed after signing up, reviewing it, sharing on social media, etc.
Apart from this, there are “Pay As You Go” pricing plans that start at $1.44 for 500 credits. The subsequent plans will allow you to clean 1,000 and 2,000 emails at the cost of $2.88 and $5.04, respectively. The pricing structure goes up to 5 million email cleaning credits that will cost you $1800.
MyEmailVerifier also provides you with a student or non-profit organization discount if applicable.
2. ZeroBounce (Best Email List Cleaning Service)
When it comes to choosing a good email list cleaner software, no one comes close to the likes of ZeroBounce. For starters, unlike other services, ZeroBounce has been awarded for its list cleaning services.
ZeroBounce proudly boasts about being 98% accurate in providing a cleaned email list. Because of this, it has been featured on Inc., BuzzFeed, Forbes, Entrepreneur, etc.
Unique Features Of ZeroBounce
- It enriches your email list by appending relevant information like gender, name, location, and IP address.
- While other list cleaning software removes email typos, Zerobounce suggests a correction so you don’t miss out on potential valid email addresses.
- ZeroBounce also finds out toxic domains that have been used for creating spam and abuse email addresses.
Basic ZeroBounce Features
- Removes invalid, expired or bad email addresses
- Spam trap detection
- MX record verification
- Uses greylisting verification technology
- Validates possible email bounces
- Extensive email validation API
- Integration with major email marketing services
Apart from offering tons of unique features, the stuff that makes ZeroBounce the best is its flexible pricing.
- Freemium – ZeroBounce a forever free email list cleaning plan that would allow you to clean up to 100 emails every month.
- Email Validation & Scoring – This is a “pay as you go” plan that starts at $16 for cleaning 2,000 email addresses. Similarly, for cleaning 5,000 & 10,000 emails, you’d be charged $39 & $65 respectively. ZeroBouce also provides a pricing calculator to find out the actual cost of cleaning a certain number of email addresses.
- Deliverability Toolkit – This is a monthly subscription-based plan that also offers deliverability toolkit like inbox placement tester, deliverability issues, etc. There are three levels of sub plans that cost $39/month, $249/month, and $999/month.
3. NeverBounce (Bulk Email List Cleaning Software)
By reading the name – NeverBounce, you could have an idea about its efficiency. That’s right, NeverBounce cleans your email list so well that your email marketing campaigns get a 0% bounce rate.
Along with other features, this is what you should look for in the top email cleaning service. You should be relieved to know that many big companies like Dell, Indeed, Yelp, etc. also use it for cleaning their email lists.
Unique Features Of NeverBounce
- It cleans your email list with the help of 20+ processes. In addition to this, each email is pinged or verified from 75 different locations of the world.
- NeverBounce allows you to customize and download your cleaned email list on the basis of deliverable and undeliverable status.
- It is the only email list cleaning tool that removes duplicate and bad syntax emails without any extra charge.
Basic NeverBounce Features
- Cleaning invalid and expired emails
- Up to 99.9% accurate bounce analysis
- Checks MX records and domains
- Identify and appends details for free email hosts
- Assures 100% data privacy and security
- Integrates with several third-party applications
- Offers an extensive set of APIs in 8 programming languages
This email list cleaning software is known for its flexible pricing. Also, in order to make you understand how efficient it is, NeverBounce provides 1,000 email cleaning credits for free. All you have to do is sign up, upload your email list and get the cleaned version in no time.
Besides this, there are different pricing plans such as –
Pay-As-You-Go – This plan offers multiple pricing tiers with different rates like for cleaning up to 10,000 emails, you’d be charged $0.008/email. Similarly, you’d be charged $0.005/email for cleaning up to 100,000 emails, and so on.
Sync (Automated Cleaning) – This is a subscription-based plan that starts at $10/month for cleaning 1,000 emails. Followed by this, you’d be charged $49/month & $99/month for cleaning 10,000 & 50,000 emails respectively. Apart from this, there are many more sub plans.
4. EmailListVerify (Bulk Email Checker Service)
EmailListVerify is the simplest, cheapest and best email list cleaning app available in the market. Many email marketers and small businesses use EmailListVerify due to its inexpensive pricing plans.
Speaking about efficiency and accuracy, EmailListVerify claims to be 99% accurate with their list cleaning results. And, because of this, EmailListVerify users have rated it 4.5 stars on Capterra.
Unique Features Of EmailListVerify
- This bulk email cleaning service offers a realtime email verification API. Meaning, you can check the validity of an email address before it gets added to your email list.
- EmailListVerify also offers a free tool that would fetch email addresses from any text file or simply a text.
- It is also known for offering 3 more free tools that check the health of your email sending domain, blacklisting, and MX records for any domain.
Basic EmailListVerify Features
- Checks and eliminate invalid or expired emails
- Removes emails with bad syntax
- Identify possible spam traps
- It also removes emails with disposable addresses
- Takes care of duplicate emails
- Also checks for hard bounces
- Integration with several email marketing services
EmailListVerify is classified as the top and reliable email list cleaning software due to its pricing plans. Just to give you an idea about its efficacy, EmailListVerify offers a free 100 email cleaning credit when you sign up.
After that, you can purchase any of its “Pay As You Go” plans or subscribe to its monthly plans.
Pay as you go – There are 12 sub-tiers under this plan that starts at $4 for cleaning up to 1,000 emails. Next, $15 for 5,0000 emails, $24 for 10,000 emails, and so on. It goes up to 10 million credits with a price tag of $3,290.
Monthly subscription – There are 6 monthly plans of EmailListVerify. It starts at $139/month for cleaning & verifying 5,000 emails/day. The last plan would cost you $989/month for verifying up to 100,000 emails in a day.
5. Snov.io (Free Email List Cleaner)
Snov.io is basically an outreach automation platform for cold users. But it has gained its popularity due to its best email list cleaning service.
In spite of being a new software of email marketing, list cleaning, and email verification, Snov.io has been catering to over 100,000 users. Snov.io customers love it and rated high on many review sites. Also, it has won 2 awards for its services.
Unique Features Of Snov.io
- Snov.io claims to be the fastest email list cleaner software as it can clean thousands of emails in a matter of minutes.
- Just like other services, Snov.io offers an email verifying API that can be integrated with your website or SaaS application.
- Apart from the list cleaner tool, Snov.io also packs several other productive modules like complete email searches of a domain, email tracker extension for Gmail, and email drip campaigns.
Basic Snov.io Features
- Cleans your email list by removing invalid emails
- Removal of emails with improper syntax
- Detects emails with disposable addresses
- Domains and emails with “Catch-all” status is neglected
- Sends SMTP pings for advanced email verification
- Offers multiple cleaned list downloading options
- A realtime email verifying API
Unlike other email list cleaning tools, Snov.io offers a forever free plan. In this plan, you would be able to clean up to 100 email addresses every month. Mind you, all the other tools and features of Snov.io are also included in every plan.
In addition to being cheap, Snov.io’s pricing plans are unique and work on the basis of credits. So, speaking clearly, 1 credit will allow you to clean or verify 2 email addresses.
- S – This plan would cost you $39/month and allow you to verify and clean up to 2,000 email addresses.
- M – At the cost of $69/month, you can clean 10,000 email addresses.
- L – For cleaning up to 40,000 email addresses, you’d have to pay $129/month.
- XL – To clean over 100,000 emails, you can subscribe to this plan at the rate of $199/month.
6. DataValidation (Email List Cleaner Software)
If we are talking about the best email list cleaning service, it’s impossible to skip DataValidation. Why – you ask? Well, because of its claim of 99% deliverability.
Also because of this whopping deliverability rate, many email marketers, startups and small businesses have opted for DataValidation. Some of its reputable customers include IEEE, University of Michigan, Netgear, etc.
Unique Features Of DataValidation
- The AutoPilot feature can monitor and automatically clean the email list available in your email marketing service on a regular basis.
- DataValidation, just like other services, also offers an API for bulk and realtime email verification.
- This email list cleaner also boasts about being GDPR compliant. Hence, EU customers should be relieved about their data privacy.
Basic DataValidation Features
- Removal of expired and invalid emails
- Eliminating duplicate emails
- Emails with improper syntax will be removed
- Disposable emails are disposed
- Assures fast email list cleaning
- Multiple file compatibility for uploading & downloading
- Integrations with leading email marketing solutions
When it comes to pricing, DataValidation is the only best email list cleaning service that has multiple pricing models. And, because of these models, it becomes an easy pick for everyone.
In addition to premium plans, there’s also a free plan. You will get 100 free email cleaning credits after signing up, 100 more after you confirm your account. And, 300 more free credits when you make your first purchase.
Pay As You Go
Price Tiers – For cleaning up to 10,000 emails, you’d be charged at the rate of $0.007. Similarly, for cleaning 100,000 & 500,000 emails, you’d be charged at the rate of $0.005 & $0.003 respectively. There are more tiers available for bigger list cleaning volume. Moreover, you can also calculate the price with the pricing calculator available on the site.
Email Verification Packs – To provide a cheaper alternative to the above-mentioned pricing tiers, you can purchase email verification and cleaning packs.
- $35 for 5,000 email verification and cleaning
- $300 for cleaning up to 100,000 emails
- For cleaning and verifying 500,000 emails, you’d have to pay $1,000
- 2,000,000 email cleaning pack comes at the cost of $2500
Apart from a one-time payment pricing model, you can also subscribe to different plans and get extra verification/cleaning credits.
Monthly Subscription – 5% extra credits
Quarterly Subscription – Up to 10% extra credits
Semi-annual Subscription – 15% extra credits
Annual Subscription – 20% extra credits
7. Xverify (Bulk Email Cleaner)
If you are looking for a simple but the best email list cleaning service then your search could end after trying our Xverify. This is the “go-to” solution for many digital and email marketers.
Moreover, if you are located in the European Union, you could easily clean your email list with Xverify’s EU-based data centers. They are highly efficient and secure.
Unique Features Of Xverify
- Instead of permanently removing an email with improper syntax, Xverify notifies you about the typo error.
- Xverify is a rare email list cleaning tool that supports online storage apps like Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive, etc. This will help you import your files directly from these online storage apps to your Xverify dashboard.
- If you are opting for the realtime email verification service, the “Name Verification” feature would enable you to examine the name field for profanity or special characters.
Basic Xverify Features
- Cleans invalid, expired or suspended email addresses
- Disposes of temporary emails
- Realtime email verification API
- A drag & drop file importer for list cleaning
- Detects spam complaints
- 3rd party integrations with email marketing tools
- Email alerts upon completing email list cleaning
Just like its simple email list cleaning services, Xverify has kept its pricing plans quite simple and straightforward. Xverify pricing plans use “Pay As You Go” model.
However, its plan has multiple pricing tiers. For example, to clean up to 5,000 emails, you’d be charged at the rate of $0.0100/email. At the same time, the rate (per email) is reduced if you have higher email list cleaning needs. For instance, you are charged at the rate of $0.0080/email and $0.0070/email to clean 5-10K emails and 10-25K emails respectively.
If this is too confusing for you, simply head over to Xverify’s site and find the expected cost with its pricing calculator.
8. Email Checker (Leading List Cleaning Tool)
Another notable name in the ranks of best email list cleaning service is Email Checker. It has been in the business for a long time now and hence, it has a huge experience in the email cleaning procedure.
You would be surprised to know that Email Checker claims to have cleaned more than 19 billion emails until now. This email cleaning portfolio of the Email Checker has also attracted some top business clients such as Box, Seagate, Matrix, etc.
Unique Features Of Email Checker
- It offers an extensive B2B cloud platform that helps all the business professionals and email marketing specialists with their custom email cleaning requirements.
- Just like other services, Email Checker also provides API. And, this API, along with the dashboard service has an uptime of 99%.
- Email Checker has a respectable reputation with major email clients such as Yahoo, AOL, Outlook, Yandex, etc.
Basic Email Checker Features
- Email syntax & format checking
- Domain & mailbox verification
- Drag & drop bulk email verification
- Detection of disposable email addresses
- Suggestions for email address typos
- Multiple integrations via API
- Real-time API for email verification
Email Checker Pricing
The significant factor behind the popularity of Email Checker is its pricing plan. To maintain this popularity, this email list cleaner software offers plenty of flexible pricing plans.
The pricing plans are of the “Pay As You Go” and “Subscription” model.
Pay as you go – You can opt from 12 different pay as you go plans. It comes in the form of email verification or cleaning blocks and starts at $14 for 1,000 credits. Similarly, you can get a block for 2,500 credits at the cost of $29, and so on. The last block of Email Checker will allow you to get 2,500,000 credits in $2,499.
Subscription plans – Just like pay as you go plans, there are 12 different monthly subscription plans. It starts at $10/month for cleaning 1,000 emails in a month. At the same time, the subsequent plans will charge $20/month & $30/month for cleaning 2,500 and 5,000 emails in a month. You can clean up to 2,500,000 emails per month at the cost of $1,899/month.
9. MailboxValidator (New List Cleaning App)
MailboxValidator is one of the latest email list cleaning services that have surfaced in the email marketing sector. Despite being relatively new, it has respectable ratings and reviews on Trustpilot.
These reviews are a result of its email verification performance that ultimately offers up to 96% email deliverability after cleaning. Along with list cleaning, MailboxValidator also offers domain and disposable email validation.
Unique Features Of MailboxValidator
- The service maintains its own “Do Not Mail” list. It is one of the important factors that the service accounts for cleaning your email list.
- MailboxValidator provides a dedicated API for developers for quick and simple integration with third-party software.
- Along with the MX record checker, MailboxValidator also gives an MX server connection checker to check the network connection with the mail server.
Basic MailboxValidator Features
- Simple email syntax checker
- Removal of duplicate emails
- Checking greylisted emails for spam traps
- Identifies temporary emails
- Checks for role-based email addresses
- Direct integration with major email marketing software
The service offers separate pricing plans for email list cleaning and API. Although to help you make better decisions with your purchase, it offers a one-month free trial plan with 100 email credits.
In addition to this, there are seven monthly subscription plans –
- BULK-1 – $19.95/month for cleaning 1,000 emails.
- BULK-5 – $39.95/month to clean 5,000 emails.
- BULK-10 – To clean 10,000 emails, you’d have to pay $59.95/month.
- BULK-50 – Clean 50,000 emails at the cost of $149.95/month.
- BULK-100 – You can clean up to 100,000 emails at $199.95/month.
- BULK-500 – The $399.95/month plan will allow cleaning of 500,000 emails.
- BULK-1000 – You get to clean 1,000,000 emails by paying $699.95/month.
All Done. Now What?
Now that you have explored all the 9 best email list cleaning services, it’s time to pick one that suits your email cleaning needs.
If you are still not taking email list cleaning seriously then I should warn you about its dire consequences.
You will be blacklisted and labeled as a spammer. Also, you could be also banned by email marketing services for using their services altogether.
Would you want this to happen to you or your business? I hope not…
I assure you, all the email list cleaning tools mentioned above are efficient in cleaning small to bulk email lists.
Additionally, if you think that I may have missed some deserving list cleaner software then feel free to drop them in the comments section.
Also, keep your reading streak going and explore –