Have you lately realized that Cloudways isn’t an ideal cloud hosting service provider and you are now looking for reliable Cloudways alternatives?
Just like you, there are several other bloggers, eCommerce business owners, and high traffic site owners that feel that Cloudways is burning a hole in their pocket.
Apart from this, there are several other reasons (more on this later) to migrate your hosting from Cloudways to a decent alternative.
But that’s easier said than done… Since cloud hosting requires technical knowledge, it is somewhat difficult to basically understand its working. More so, the availability of many managed cloud hosting services makes it difficult to choose from.
Luckily, in this blog, I have curated a list of 10 best Cloudways alternatives for managed cloud hosting services that you should consider.
Here’s an –
Overview Of Cloudways Alternatives
|Cloud Hosting Service||Cheapest Plan (per month)||Uptime||Response Time|
|A2 Hosting||$25.00||99.99%||1134 ms|
|InMotion Hosting||$29.99||99.99%||361 ms|
|Liquid Web||$59.00||100.00%||292 ms|
Before discussing these alternatives in detail, I would like to briefly talk about –
What Is Cloudways?
Cloudways is regarded as one of the best cloud hosting service providers. But the service that really catches the eyes of first-time users is its managed cloud hosting for WordPress.
The latest test results have concluded that it has a minimum response time of 505 ms with a 100% uptime record.
Now, if you’d ask me, I would consider these stats to be pretty good for cloud hosting.
Also, I would like to tell you that Cloudways does not own any servers or data centers. It heavily relies on several third-party services like Google Cloud, Amazon Web Service, Vultr, DigitalOcean, etc.
So, if you think logically, Cloudways is charging you for his own share and also for third-party services. That’s a major deal-breaker for me.
Just to give you an idea about its pricing structure, here’s a brief summary –
- If you opt for DigitalOcean data center, the pricing plan starts at $10/month and goes up to $80/month.
- Similarly, Linode data center plans start at $12/month and end at $90/month.
- Surprisingly, if you choose AWS data centers, you have the option to choose from $36.51/month to $274.33/month plans.
- At last, Google Cloud data centers will come at an initial pricing plan of $33.30/month and goes up to $226.05/month.
On top of this, because of its awesome “scalability”, you may be charged extra if your site receives a surge in traffic or resource consumption.
Since we are on the topic of discussing the drawbacks of Cloudways, here’s –
Cons Of Cloudways
- You require technical knowledge to use the cPanel offered by Cloudways.
- It does not provide a free domain registration unlike other alternatives to Cloudways.
- There is no provision of acquiring a professional email account without additional fees.
- Cloudways does not provide free backups too.
And, I genuinely believe that you might be having your own personal reason too.
With that being said, let’s explore each of the Cloudways alternatives in detail –
When it comes to cloud hosting, none could come close to the efficiency, power, and affordability of Kamatera. Naturally, it qualifies to be one of the best Cloudways alternatives.
The performance of Kamatera automatically catches the attention of avid cloud hosting users among its features set. It guarantees an uptime of 99.95% along with the option to choose from 13 global data centers.
More Reasons To Pick Kamatera As Cloudways Alternative
- Kamatera cloud servers are perfectly compatible with all the operating systems like Microsoft Windows, Ubuntu, CentOS, Debian, FreeBSD, etc.
- It allows you to install all sorts of CMSs and developer applications like WordPress, Magento, Joomla, MongoDB, etc.
- This alternative offers instant server set up along with flexible server scaling options. Moreover, you can also add new components, pick CPU cores, RAM space, and configure advanced settings very easily.
As I have said earlier, Kamatera is extremely affordable. All thanks to its own servers and data centers, unlike Cloudways.
One of the most unique characteristics of Kamatera is that it allows you to build your own server, depending on your needs. And, on the basis of the type of server built, you would be charged accordingly.
For instance, a server containing tech specs 1vCPU (2667 MHz), 1024 MB RAM, 20 GB SSD, CentOS Linux 7 operating system, and other specs would come at $4/month.
The pricing will increase/decrease according to the server specifications.
FastComet is a simple to use but highly fast cloud hosting service. And, believe it or not, FastComet has bagged several awards along with top ratings in many review websites like Trustpilot, etc.
The reason behind such ratings is its lightning-fast cloud hosting services that utilize 11 global data centers. Not just this, there are several other features (and also pricing) that makes it one of the top Cloudways alternatives.
More Reasons To Pick FastComet As Cloudways Alternative
- The team at FastComet makes your migration smooth by offering a free professional site migration service. With the help of this, you won’t be facing any downtime.
- FastComet is considered to be a beast cloud hosting service because it provides 450 applications, 20+ frameworks, and other important developer tools.
- In addition to this, it also offers several free services like daily & weekly backups, cPanel, CDN, etc. You can also acquire 3-5 IP addresses, depending on your plan.
FastComet is the only alternative to Cloudways that manages to keep its pricing low despite offering a good value package.
Speaking of which, if you opt for Cloud VPS Hosting plans, you would be able to host unlimited websites with all the advanced features. These plans start at $47.95/month.
And, if you want cheaper plans, you can opt for it Shared Cloud Hosting plans.
- FastCloud – The plan starts at the rate of $2.95/month and provides features like 2 GB RAM, 2 CPU cores with 15 GB SSD storage, and other technical features.
- FastCloud Plus – It will cost you $4.45/month for acquiring 3 GB RAM, 4 CPU cores, 25 GB SSD storage, along with other advanced features.
- FastCloud Extra – Finally, this plan will come with a price tag of $5.95/month and provides you the access to 6 GB RAM, 6 CPU cores, 35 GB SSD storage, and all features.
Did you know that recently, WordPress has officially recommended DreamHost for managed WordPress hosting? Yes, the team at DreamHost has certainly impressed a lot of potential users. Consequently, it has also turned a lot of heads towards its cloud hosting service.
DreamHost’s cloud hosting service is named DreamCompute and is often regarded as one of the top Cloudways alternatives. Speaking about the performance numbers, you’d be glad to know that it offers 100% uptime with 302 ms minimum response time.
More Reasons To Pick DreamHost As Cloudways Alternative
- DreamCompute offers one of the fastest cloud hosting experiences. All because of its high-tech architecture, SSD based storage, and fast next-gen processors.
- This alternative to Cloudways provides easy options of Linux, Microsoft Windows, or BSD as their server’s operating system.
- In addition to easily scaling your servers, DreamCompute provides you with all the necessary developer tools.
DreamHost (DreamCompute) Cloud Hosting Pricing
Unlike most of the other alternatives mentioned in this blog, DreamHost or DreamCompute has kept its pricing extremely simple and affordable.
As of now, there are 3 pricing plans that come with a monthly and hourly billing cycle. And, each of the plans includes 100 GB block storage and free bandwidth.
- 512MB RAM Server – This plan is chargeable at the rate of $4.50/month and offers 1vCPU, 80 GB SSD, etc.
- 2GB RAM Server – You will be charged $12.00/month for 1vCPU, 80 GB SSD, and other features.
- 8GB RAM Server – It will cost you $48.00/month for 4 vCPU, 80 GB SSD, and other advanced features.
HostGator has been in the hosting service business since 2002. This clearly means that among all the Cloudways alternatives mentioned in this blog, HostGator is the most experienced.
This sums up the point that in addition to web hosting, WordPress hosting, dedicated hosting, etc., HostGator has also established itself as a prolific cloud hosting service provider. If you don’t believe me then allow me to tell you about its recent performance. The test results show that it has an uptime of 99.82% and 261 ms minimum response time.
More Reasons To Pick HostGator As Cloudways Alternative
- HostGator ensures a 2X faster hosting experience due to its high-tech hardware, multiple caching layers, and low-density servers.
- It provides a very fluent and easy way to monitor and allocate additional resources if required. This characteristic makes HostGator extremely scalable.
- Unlike any other alternatives to Cloudways, HostGator provides free SSL and domain name registration to its first-time users.
HostGator Cloud Hosting Pricing
Another reason that makes HostGator a popular choice is its affordable and generous pricing plans. The SSL and domain registration is included for free in all the plans. Besides this, you will also get unmetered bandwidth and SSD storage space.
- Hatchling Cloud – For hosting just 1 domain over a cloud server of 2 CPU cores, 2 GB RAM, etc. you’d have to pay $4.95/month.
- Baby Cloud – Similarly, you’ll have to pay $6.57/month for hosting unlimited domains with 4 CPU cores, 4 GB RAM, and other features.
- Business Cloud – It would cost you $9.95/month for hosting unlimited domains with 6 CPU cores, 6 GB RAM, including other advanced features.
If you consider yourself tech-savvy and don’t want to compromise with the quality of cloud hosting then you would definitely love DigitalOcean. It is one of the most preferred Cloudways alternatives for web developers.
Digital Ocean provides a plethora of cloud services. But the service that catches everyone’s attention is Droplets. The Droplets are simple, scalable virtual machines that ensure blazing fast website hosting. Not to forget, setting them up is extremely easy too.
More Reasons To Pick DigitalOcean As Cloudways Alternative
- The Droplets service allows you to choose the power of your virtual machines. The available options are Standard & Performance. The Performance version offers Intel processors.
- DigitalOcean provides you a stable 99.99% uptime. Thanks to its data centers located in 8 different locations.
- It also offers you the option to choose your server’s operating system from CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, CoreOS, and FreeBSD.
By directly choosing DigitalOcean, you are preventing yourself from paying extra charges that would be incurred if you had chosen Cloudways. In addition to this, the pricing plans of DigitalOcean remain fairly inexpensive. This makes it the best alternative to Cloudways.
Currently, DigitalOcean offers Standard Droplets plans that start at $5/month and goes until $960/month. Here’s a brief overview of initial few plans –
- $5/month for 1 GB RAM, 25 GB SSD, 1vCPU core, etc.
- $15/month for 2 GB RAM, 60 GB SSD, 2vCPU core, etc.
- $20/month for 4 GB RAM, 80 GB SSD, 2vCPU core, etc.
- $40/month for 8 GB RAM, 160 GB SSD, 4vCPU core, etc.
Hostinger is one of the most simplistic cloud hosting services mentioned in this blog. But it doesn’t mean that it is weak in any sense. On the contrary, Hostinger cloud hosting is quite efficient as it offers 3X faster site load times.
Since I have started talking about its performance, allow me to present to you its latest performance stats. It assures a decent uptime of 99.99% with 681 ms minimum response time.
More Reasons To Pick Hostinger As Cloudways Alternative
- Hostinger provides all the resources and facilities as soon as you order for cloud hosting. Moreover, you can also easily expand the resources in case of additional requirements.
- Unlike other Cloudways alternatives, Hostinger provides you free daily backups of your sites and databases.
- This cloud hosting service gives you a dedicated hosting environment, IP address, and also an in-built cache manager.
Hostinger Cloud Hosting Pricing
Hostinger is famous for its cheap pricing plans. No matter if it’s Shared Web Hosting or Cloud Hosting, you are assured to get the services at reasonable rates.
But that’s not all. Talking about the value of each cloud hosting plan, you will be able to host unlimited websites with unlimited email accounts, SSL certificate, CDN, domain registration, and a lot more technical features.
- Startup – At $7.45/month, you will get a server of 3 GB RAM, 100 GB SSD storage, 2 CPU cores, and other stuff.
- Professional – By subscribing to the $14.95/month plan, you will increase the power of your server to 6 GB RAM, 140 GB SSD storage, 4 CPU cores, and technical features.
- Global – The payment of $37.00/month will provide you the access to a server of 16 GB RAM, 200 GB SSD storage, 8 CPU cores, and all the advanced features.
7. A2 Hosting
Another most recognizable name in the world of hosting is A2 Hosting. Generally, users prefer it for shared web hosting or managed WordPress hosting. But after its recent development, people have started opting for its cloud hosting services.
Speaking about its cloud hosting performance, A2 Hosting has a good uptime of 99.99% but with an average minimum response time of 1134 ms. Yes, the response time may not be fast. But A2 Hosting compensates it by offering a free SSL certificate, free site migration, and other productive amenities.
More Reasons To Pick A2 Hosting As Cloudways Alternative
- A2 Hosting proudly claims that its servers are 20X faster than the rest of the Cloudways alternatives.
- It also uses an advanced level of cache i.e. Turbo Boost + Turbo Cache that significantly boosts your site’s load time.
- With 2 dedicated IP addresses in each plan, A2 Hosting offers a unique recovery feature called Server Rewind File Backups.
A2 Hosting (Cloud Hosting) Pricing
I am assuming that as soon as I list down the pricing of A2 Hosting’s cloud hosting services, you would find it a bit pricey. But hear me out, it still remains cheaper than Cloudways.
With so much value and features packed in each of the plans, the pricing is bound to go up. But remember that more features and value means better performance.
Having said that, you can also purchase the unmanaged cloud hosting plan starting at $5/month but with fewer features.
- Power+ – This plan starts at $25/month and offers 4 GB RAM, 75 GB storage, 4 CPU cores, and other features.
- Prestige+ – Similarly, it starts at $35/month and offers 6 GB RAM, 100 GB storage, 6 CPU cores, and many other advanced features.
- Pinnacle+ – At last, this plan starts at $50/month and provides 8 GB RAM, 150 GB storage, 8 CPU cores, with all the other technical features.
8. InMotion Hosting
While InMotion Hosting may not be a popular choice for shared hosting or WordPress hosting, it is highly preferred for cloud hosting services.
You can estimate the capabilities of InMotion Hosting when I tell you about its test results. The recent tests show that it has 99.99% uptime with 361 ms minimum response time.
More Reasons To Pick InMotion Hosting As Cloudways Alternative
- This alternative to Cloudways purely utilizes SSD servers for faster cloud hosting experience and load times. Moreover, you can easily install applications and CMSs like WordPress, Magento, Node.js, Django, etc.
- InMotion Hosting generously offers 3-5 IP addresses (as per plan) and unlimited email addresses, subdomains, and other technical features.
- It also saves you from potential threats by providing free daily backups, SSL, and DDoS attack protection.
InMotion Hosting (Cloud Hosting) Pricing
Every great feature comes at a great price. The same is the case with InMotion Hosting. The pricing is fair when you consider the value offered in them.
Also, to compensate this, InMotion Hosting provides free website migrations and a whopping 90 days money-back guarantee.
- VPS-1000HA-S – The plan is available at $29.99/month and offers 4 GB RAM, 75 GB storage, 3 dedicated IPs, and 4 TB bandwidth along with other features.
- VPS-2000HA-S – Similarly, it will cost you $49.99/month and provides 6 GB RAM, 150 GB storage, 5 TB bandwidth, and 4 dedicated IPs.
- VPS-3000HA-S – Lastly, you will be billed $83.99/month for using a server of 8 GB RAM, 260 GB storage, 6 TB bandwidth, and 5 dedicated IPs.
9. Liquid Web
Among all the other alternatives to Cloudways, Liquid Web has the best performance record. According to the latest test results, it has managed to turn the eyes of every cloud hosting user by giving 100% uptime and 292 ms minimum response time.
If you think that this is the end of Liquid Web’s awesomeness then you are quite wrong. After conducting various tests, Cloud Spectator (cloud analytics firm) confirms that Liquid Web is way faster than Amazon Web Services (AWS), Rackspace, and also Digital Ocean.
More Reasons To Pick Liquid Web As Cloudways Alternative
- The team at Liquid Web won’t let you break a sweat as it will migrate your website from any server/hosting to their own servers.
- It provides you an option of 3 different control panels i.e. InterWorx, cPanel Pro, and Plesk Web Pro for your cloud hosting.
- Liquid Web also offers you many technical features like CloudFlare CDN, in-built backup module, DDoS attack protection, etc.
Liquid Web Pricing
The only reason to mention Liquid Web at such a low spot is because of its pricing. Yes, it may seem to be a bit expensive but in return, you will be getting the fastest cloud hosting experience.
The pricing plans of Liquid Web are built for server specifications and OSs i.e. Linux and Windows. The pricing may be different but all the plans offer 10 TB bandwidth and 100 GB free backup. Here’s a short run-down of Linux operating system –
- 2 GB RAM – You will be charged $59/month for 2 vCPU, 40 GB SSD storage, etc.
- 4 GB RAM – In this plan, you will be billed $99/month for 4 vCPU, 100 GB SSD storage, control panel options, etc.
- 8 GB RAM – The plan will cost you $139/month for 8 vCPU, 150 GB SSD storage, and other features.
- 16 GB RAM – The final Linux based plan is chargeable at $189/month and provides 8 vCPU, 200 GB SSD storage, etc.
If you are looking to leave no stones unturned with your website hosting then you’d love SiteGround. Since SiteGround is the 2nd official recommended hosting service by WordPress, you can assume that its cloud hosting services are top-notch too.
I can very well present to you the performance numbers of SiteGround’s cloud hosting test results. It is 99.99% uptime with 452 ms minimum response time. This implies that you WordPress websites (or any websites) are bound to get lightning-fast loading speed.
More Reasons To Pick SiteGround As Cloudways Alternative
- As per me, among other alternatives to Cloudways, SiteGround provides the best managed cloud hosting experience. They assign an experienced developer for your account.
- If you run an agency, you will be able to easily host and manage your clients on your cloud hosting account. Moreover, you can also provide dedicated access to each of your users or clients.
- SiteGround takes all the steps to improve your site’s performance by offering you a dynamic caching plugin like SG Optimizer.
SiteGround Cloud Hosting Pricing
Let me come out straight and tell you that SiteGround is the most expensive Cloudways alternatives mentioned in this blog. But this pricing is very well justified by its performance and reputation.
Talking about the value, you’ll get a free CDN, SSL certificate, dedicated IP address, daily backups, and 5 TB bandwidth in each plan.
- Entry – This plan will cost you $100/month for 4 CPU cores, 8 GB RAM, and 40 GB SSD storage space.
- Business – There’s a price tag of $200/month on this plan & it offers 8 CPU cores, 12 GB RAM, and 80 GB SSD storage space.
- Business Plus – In the same way, this plan will charge you $300/month for 12 CPU cores, 16 GB RAM, and 120 GB SSD storage space.
- Super Power – The final plan is chargeable at the rate of $400/month and offers 16 CPU cores, 20 GB RAM, and 160 GB SSD storage space.
Note – Don’t forget to check out other SiteGround alternatives that are suitable for WordPress hosting.
What’s The Next Step?
Now that you have explored each of the 10 best Cloudways alternatives in detail, it’s time for you to choose the one.
Before choosing, keep in mind to firstly access your requirements. This will enable you to make a better decision that would also help you save a lot of money.
Rest assured, all the above-mentioned alternatives to Cloudways are highly efficient.
Although, if you still need any personal assistance from me, feel free to get in touch with me or drop your queries in the comment section. I’d love to help you out.
Here are a couple of blogs that you may find useful –