Are you trying to find the best email marketing apps for Shopify?
If so then you have landed on the right blog.
You see, Shopify is the staple platform when it comes to launching or managing an eCommerce business. But what it lacks is an efficient email marketing suite to grow it even more.
Sure, Shopify has launched its own emailing plugin – Shopify Email (in November 2019) but honestly, it isn’t any good. Not to mention it lacks certain features that only professional email marketing software can provide.
So to launch or grow your eCommerce business, the logical step for you is to focus on finding the right email marketing software for your Shopify store.
But that’s easier said than done..!!
If you type “email marketing” in the Shopify App Store, you will get an overwhelming number of software recommendations that have a similar feature set.
So in this article, we are going to narrow it down to the 8 best Shopify email marketing apps that you must seriously consider.
In addition to this, we will also briefly cover –
- What is Shopify?
- What’s the importance of email marketing in eCommerce businesses?
- Does Shopify offer a native email plugin?
- Important features you must look for in the chosen email marketing app.
Followed by a comprehensive list and breakdown of all the Shopify email marketing apps.
Let’s start with…
What Is Shopify?
Shopify is an eCommerce platform that allows you to sell your products online to customers from across the world.
It was founded way back in 2004 and since then it has grown its way to becoming the second most used eCommerce platform after WooCommerce.
At this moment, Shopify has more than 20% market share in the eCommerce niche.
And, its clientele includes some notable names such as Nestle, Tesla Motors, Pepsi, Unilever, Red Bull, etc.
In addition to these big names, Shopify is also used by beginners, small-medium sized businesses, and also large enterprises to sell –
- Digital products
- Physical products
- Services & consultations
- Tutorials or classes
… and much more.
And, with the forecast of global eCommerce to reach $4.97 trillion in 2023, it is wise to start or grow your business with Shopify using email marketing.
Now, you would be wondering…
Why You Must Use Email Marketing With eCommerce?
Let’s assume that you have launched your eCommerce store on Shopify with your latest products and services.
But to generate some sales naturally, you must play the waiting game.
Let’s also assume that you have SEO optimized your store to perfection. Even then you’d have to wait significantly to reap the benefits of your SEO efforts.
Now imagine if you have a database of your existing or potential customers. You can send a promotional email campaign, inviting them to check out your new products and offers.
Don’t you think that it would be the fastest, easiest, and most convenient way to generate sales for your eCommerce store?
You’d be amazed to know that there are over 3.9 billion email users across the globe. If you manage to grow your list and acquire even 0.1% of this global share, you’d have a database of 3.9 million potential customers.
And, according to recent statistics, online shoppers spend 138% more if you connect or market them via emails.
Now that we have established that opting for email marketing for Shopify is the best way to prosper, let’s address an important question –
Does Shopify Offer A Native Email Plugin?
Yes, since November 2019, Shopify has been offering its email marketing plugin to merchants and vendors by the name of Shopify Email.
This plugin or emailing suite allows you to –
- Choose the email template from a ready-made library
- Segment your contact list
- Send them a promotional email campaign
Also, to make it more convenient for you, the plugin automatically includes your store’s logo, product images, etc. in your email so that it looks professional and aligns with your brand identity.
And, the best part – it allows you to send 2,500 free emails in a month. Once you cross this limit, you can get an increment of 1,000 emails at the cost of $1.
At first, it may seem to be enough. But when it comes to employing an effective email marketing strategy, the plugin fails.
- The plugin offers only a handful of pre-built email templates.
- There is no provision to create marketing automation with different triggers.
- It lacks advanced segmentation of email lists.
- You cannot A/B test your email campaigns
And, most importantly, email delivery isn’t up to the mark when compared with the other best Shopify email marketing apps.
Therefore, here’s the checklist of features you must look for in the Shopify email marketing app –
Must-Have Features In The Best Email Marketing App For Shopify
If I were you, I would duly check for the following features –
- Library Of Readymade Templates – You must check if the software offers you readymade templates for seasonal campaigns, newsletters, etc.
- Fluidic Email Editor – Don’t forget to check if the app packs an easy to use email editor. Ideally, you would want a drag & drop editor for the ultimate email crafting experience.
- Sign Up Forms – While all the email marketing solutions offer sign-up forms, you must verify if it is integrable & embeddable with your Shopify store or not.
- Contact Synchronization & Segmentation – The leads collected through the sign-up forms and your Shopify customers must be automatically imported in the emailing tool. After this, the app must provide all the advanced segmentation features for your contacts.
- Marketing Automation – Your chosen email marketing application for Shopify must allow you to run an automated email marketing campaign for your store. This includes triggered emails for cart abandonment, welcome, purchase complete, and also cross or up-selling.
- Reporting – Not only your app must tell you email campaign results like click, open, unsubscribe rates, etc. but it should be able to tell you how much revenue you have generated with the corresponding email.
- Ease Of Integration – At last, your ideal emailing software must be easily integrable with your Shopify store, preferably without tangling with any codes.
With that being said, all the best email marketing apps for Shopify mentioned below offer all these features.
All you’ve got to do now is explore them in detail along with their pricing and pick the one that suits your eCommerce business needs.
Let’s start with –
Omnisend is one of the best email marketing software for Shopify that was launched in 2014 as a simple email marketing tool but by 2017, it has shifted its focus to offering dedicated emailing services for eCommerce businesses.
The specialization of Omnisend in eCommerce marketing automation can be seen by exploring its set of eCommerce platform integrations. Out of these, Omnisend integrates with Shopify in just a few basic steps.
That’s not all. In addition to email marketing, Omnisend excels as an omnichannel marketing automation platform. In simple words, with the help of Omnisend, you can grow your Shopify store via SMS marketing, web push notifications, and retargeting Google & Facebook ads.
Shopify Rating – 4.7 of 5 stars from 3786 reviews
Features That Make Omnisend The Best App
- To start things off, Omnisend offers a plethora of ready-made email templates. These templates can be edited with the help of drag & drop builder to fit your brand style.
- Omnisend packs one of the most sophisticated marketing automation suites. With it, you can drive sales for your eCommerce store on autopilot. Moreover, there are some pre-built automation workflows like cart abandonment, welcome, cross-sell, etc.
- It is very easy to import and synchronize contacts in Omnisend. After this, Omnisend offers advanced segmentation features that will help you send personalized and targeted email campaigns.
- The software provides extensive real-time reporting of your marketing campaigns. In addition to basic email tracking (open, click, unsubscribe rates, etc.) it also tracks the ROI for all of your email campaigns.
- If you are currently using a different email marketing software for Shopify, Omnisend will help you migrate from it by keeping all your important data intact.
How Much Does Omnisend Cost?
Omnisend, according to me, is the best free email marketing app for Shopify as it encourages you to sign up for its forever free plan. This free plan allows you to send 500 emails in a month to 250 contacts. In addition to this, it now provides you access to all the Omnisend features but with a few limitations.
However, when your email list grows and you require more email sending limits, you can upgrade to its premium plans. There are two premium plans that come with monthly or yearly subscriptions and offer all the Omnisend features & modules.
One thing to note here is that the pricing is built on the number of contacts imported/added. Here’s an overview of the pricing for 500 contacts –
- Free – A forever free plan that enables you to send 500 emails/month to 250 contacts. Moreover, you also get to send 60 international SMSs to your contacts and display 500 web push notifications.
- Standard (Email) – This plan offer you the emailing quota of 12x of your list size. For instance, by paying $16/month you would be able to send 6,000 monthly emails to 500 contacts, and so on. Additionally, you can send 60 international SMSs and display unlimited web push notifications.
- Pro (Email & SMS) – It would cost you $59/month to send unlimited emails to 500 contacts and display unlimited web push notifications. More sub-tiers are available in this plan and you will also get 3,540 international SMS sending credits.
Freshmarketer for Shopify is an all-in-one, multi-channel (chat, messaging, email, bot) marketing & support solution that’s been tailored for SMB Shopify storefront owners. Hence, it automatically qualifies as one of the best email marketing apps for Shopify.
The solution seamlessly packages Freshmarketer Marketing Campaigns + an integrated support chatbot add-on (powered by Freshdesk Messaging) + Shopify Marketplace App made available on the Shopify Marketplace through our new Shopify partnership agreement. This marketing + support CRM helps Shopify store owners to easily set up, grow and scale their business with a customized, easy-to-use CRM.
Features That Make Freshmarketer The Best App
- Freshmarketer for Shopify is purpose-built for your Shopify store to help your message sharper, convert faster, and delight better
- It provides 100+ email templates that you can customize with the drag-and-drop editor from scratch without any prior HTML experience.
- It helps Shopify store owners to have conversations with customers across channels like WhatsApp, SMS, email, and chat.
- The software helps store owners to upsell and cross-sell with over 20+ pre-built Shopify Playbooks. Allows users to set up chatbots to engage with customers when they are away or asleep.
- Freshmarketer also Helps store owners send personalized automated messages like offer promotions based on customer behavior.
How Much Does Freshmarketer Cost?
Freshmarketer offers a forever-free plan for up to 100 marketing contacts. Shopify store owners get the capability to store up to 10,000 additional contacts for free. Besides this, you have the option to subscribe to three subscription plans.
- Free – A forever-free plan for startups that want powerful email marketing combined with contact management
- Growth – $19/month for growing businesses that need to measure, analyze, and understand every customer interaction
- Pro – $149/month for advanced businesses that need seamless multichannel marketing with personalization
- Enterprise – $299/month for businesses that require governance, customization, and advanced metrics
Another most respected name in the arena of the best email marketing app for Shopify is Klaviyo. This app is yet another email marketing tool that offers its services specifically to eCommerce businesses.
Speaking of which, just like its competitors, Klaviyo integrates with all the major eCommerce platforms, especially Shopify in just a matter of a few steps.
Also, in addition to being a proficient emailing app for Shopify, it also packs other important features like SMS & social media marketing, customer data science, sign up forms, and various third-party integrations.
Shopify Rating – 4.3 of 5 stars from 1140 reviews
Features That Make Klaviyo The Best App
- Once you integrate your Shopify account with Klaviyo, it automatically synchronizes all the relevant data like customer email, purchase history, etc. for more personal and better-targeted communications.
- Klaviyo is also known for its personalized automation feature. The automation campaigns can be triggered through segmentation or customer actions like cart abandonment, successful purchase, etc.
- One unique feature in Klaviyo is customer data science. Using cutting-edge predictive learning, you’ll get to know the lifetime value, churn risk, gender, optimal send time, etc. of your customers.
- Klaviyo also allows you to include product recommendations in your email templates based on the respective customer’s purchase history.
- You can also embed and send dynamic coupon codes to customers via emails. These coupons will be set up automatically and also will be unique for each customer.
How Much Does Klaviyo Cost?
Unlike other best email marketing app for Shopify, Klaviyo likes to keep things simple when it comes to pricing. Initially, to test the application, it offers a free trial that permits you to send 500 emails to 250 contacts.
But the stuff that makes its pricing interesting is that it offers all the features irrespective of which plan you choose. This means that you’d get features like segmentation, personalization, A/B testing, marketing automation, reporting, etc. in all the plans (even in the free plan).
You’d be only charged for the number of contacts imported into your Klaviyo account. You are also allowed to send unlimited campaigns in all the premium plans.
- For 500 contacts, you’d have to pay $20/month.
- To send emails to 1,000 contacts, you’d have to pay $30/month.
- Similarly, for 2,500 contacts, you’d be charged $60/month.
- For 5,000 and 10,000 contacts, you’d be billed $100/month and $150/month respectively.
Don’t forget to check out some of the top Klaviyo alternatives for eCommerce stores.
Firepush is a Shopify email marketing app developed to meet the needs of businesses of all sizes. This tool has features to conduct massive promotional campaigns and send transactional emails like product delivery updates and payment confirmations.
Firepush email marketing is very easy and quick to add to a Shopify store – the process should take less than a minute. There are numerous integrations with other apps, you’ll have no problem importing your email list or adding new leads to your CRM.
Besides emails, Firepush also has SMS and push notification marketing features. Using these allows conducting omnichannel marketing campaigns to reach more customers.
Shopify Rating – 4.8 of 5 stars from 784 reviews
Features That Make Firepush The Best App
- The software comes with a simple drag-and-drop editor to create emails for any marketing purpose. All it takes is dragging and dropping email blocks in the template design. Absolutely no coding is needed to create emails.
- Firepush, just like other emailing software for Shopify, offers a large readymade email template library. It mostly consists of emails for sales, promotions, welcoming new customers, and transactional messages.
- In the software, you can also set up automatic campaigns for marketing and shopping cart recovery. With the help of these features, you can increase your conversion rate by putting email marketing and abandoned shopping cart campaigns on autopilot.
- To give you a complete picture of your emailing performance, Firepush offers detailed analytics. The insights in your emailing performance also help you find out the best sending times and marketing techniques.
- Firepush also offers customer segmentation like any conventional eCommerce email marketing software. You can use the segmented data to create more personalized and relevant promotional offers for your customers.
How Much Does Firepush Cost?
The characteristic that makes Firepush one of the best email marketing apps for Shopify is its pricing. For starters, it offers a 14 days free trial for all of its paid plans. Besides this, you’d also find that there’s a forever free plan but this free plan does not offer email marketing.
For this, you’d have to subscribe to any of its premium plans. There are a couple of flexible plans with monthly subscription –
- Basic – The plan offers multiple sub-tiers and starts at only $15/month. This sub-tiers gives 6,000 monthly emails and includes all the marketing features like automation, promotional, & cart recovery campaigns with subscriber migration. You are allowed to add unlimited contacts.
- Pro – This plan too has multiple sub-tiers and starts with $29/month for 15,000 monthly emails and advanced features like segmentation, reports, and other growth tools. This plan is designed to help online businesses achieve faster growth and conduct complex email campaigns easier.
- Custom – For higher and advanced needs, you will require a custom plan. For more details, you’d have to contact the Firepush sales team.
Also, every plan comes with SMS and push notification marketing features as well.
If we talk about ActiveCampaign, it is one of the oldest and most experienced tools in the email marketing circuit. Due to this, the software has evolved itself to become one of the best Shopify email marketing apps.
Yes, the software facilitates one-click integration with Shopify and also with other leading eCommerce platforms.
But truth be told, ActiveCampaign is not just a simple emailing marketing platform. Rather, it is now considered as a customer experience automation platform that packs other important modules like Chrome extension, mobile apps, CRM, chat widget, SMS marketing, etc.
Shopify Rating – 4.7 of 5 stars from 154 reviews
Features That Make ActiveCampaign The Best App
- Since the software is now a customer experience automation platform, it provides you the liberty to create marketing automation workflows to keep your customers engaged.
- ActiveCampaign leaves no stones unturned when it comes to retaining your customers. The tool provides you with several win-back campaigns that can be sent to inactive customers.
- Not only does the tool is packed with an efficient drag & drop email builder but it also provides you with the ability to add products recommendation email block in your template.
- The software is also known for its advanced customer segmentation feature. Using this feature, you will have the power to send the right emails to the right audience.
- Also, to take a step further, ActiveCampaign allows you to use its CRM module to keep tabs on your leads, manage order fulfillment, etc.
How Much Does ActiveCampaign Cost?
First of all, if you are using some other Shopify emailing plugin, ActiveCampaign will help you migrate your data from that software to its own, free of cost.
Although to help you start quickly and get a taste of what’s in store, ActiveCampaign offers a 14 days free trial that enables you to import 100 contacts and send 100 emails to them.
After this, you have the flexibility to upgrade to any of its four subscription plans. The pricing is based on the number of contacts imported and as you go higher, you’ll unlock more features.
The first ActiveCampaign plan i.e. Lite offers features like unlimited email sending, marketing automation, segmentation, reporting, etc., and starts with $15/month for 500 contacts. One thing to note here is that Shopify integration is not included in the Lite plan.
You’d need to subscribe to subsequent higher plans that are briefly explained below for 500 contacts –
- Plus – By paying $70/month, you’d unlock Shopify integration and a plethora of other features like landing pages, omnichannel marketing, FB ads, contact scoring, revenue reporting, etc.
- Professional – This plan would cost you $159/month and would grant you access to features like personalized product experiences, predictive sending & content, split automation, etc.
- Enterprise – Lastly, this plan is chargeable at the rate of $279/month and includes all the advanced features and a few unique ones like custom mailserver domain, custom reporting, contact enrichment, and much more.
Drip is one such software that claims to be an eCommerce revenue engine. Not just this but it also excels in building a personalized customer experience. Hence, it’s safe to say that Drip is one of the best email marketing apps for Shopify.
You’d be also glad to know that Drip seamlessly integrates with Shopify. You won’t have to deal with any coding or spend any more than a few minutes to complete the setup.
In addition to email marketing, Drip also offers you an efficient SMS marketing module and a way to retarget your customers via Facebook & Instagram ads.
Shopify Rating – 4.1 of 5 stars from 24 reviews
Features That Make Drip The Best App
- As soon as you connect your Shopify store, Drip will automatically synchronize customer data. This will later help you provide a more personalized experience to your customers.
- Due to this data synchronization, Drip will offer your recommendations and the right marketing strategy for your store. In simple terms, Drip will tell when to launch a welcome series, cart abandoned campaign, etc.
- This Shopify email marketing software also helps you keep track of your campaign’s performance. The analytics dashboard will not only highlight emailing stats but it will also track your revenue.
- Not to forget, the software will provide you all the means to create behavior-based automation for your customers. This includes welcome series, cart abandoned emails, successful product purchase emails, etc.
- Just like a few other Shopify emailing software, Drip supports workflow split testing. This testing will help you figure out which strategy is optimal for your eCommerce store.
How Much Does Drip Cost?
When it comes to pricing, Drip doesn’t fail to impress its users. First of all, to help you test out the application, Drip offers a 14 days free trial with all the feature access.
Once you test out the application and have exhausted the free trial period, you’d have the option to upgrade to its premium plans.
Speaking of which, Drip only offers a single plan package with a monthly subscription. The best part is that you’d get all the features like email marketing, multichannel automation, revenue attribution, automation, segmentation, analytics, etc.
Your monthly billing will be purely based on the number of contacts imported/added to your Drip account. Here’s an overview of the few pricing tiers –
- The first tier would cost you $19/month for 500 contacts.
- Similarly, for 1,000 contacts, your bill would be $29/month.
- The tier for 2,500 contacts would cost you $39/month.
- And, the 5,000 contacts tier is chargeable at $69/month.
Please note that Drip is very flexible with its pricing. Meaning, there are several intermediate sub-tiers as well in its pricing.
SmartrMail is definitely one of the newest emailing tools that have risen to popularity. All thanks to its exclusivity towards eCommerce businesses and online stores.
Obviously, it means that SmartrMail provides simple and seamless integration with your Shopify store. And, also with other leading eCommerce platforms.
When it comes to operation, I would like you to know that SmartMail is purely an email marketing app. You won’t get other features like SMS marketing, push notifications, etc. in SmartrMail.
Shopify Rating – 4.9 of 5 stars from 329 reviews
Features That Make SmartrMail The Best App
- Despite fewer marketing features, SmartrMail has managed to get high ratings on the Shopify app store due to its smart email template builder. The builder automatically fetches your brand style and product details for your templates.
- Just like other best email marketing apps for Shopify, SmartrMail is also infused with a drag & drop automation workflow builder. The automation builder also allows you to include split testing.
- SmartrMail supports the segmentation of your contacts on the basis of multiple factors like opens, clicks, purchase history, cart activity, etc.
- The software doesn’t compromise when it comes to collecting leads on your website. Therefore, it offers embeddable pop-ups and HTML forms for your site.
- SmartrMail provides you all the important insights on your email as well as revenue performance.
How Much Does SmartrMail Cost?
SmartrMail is yet another best free email marketing app for Shopify as it offers a forever free plan. This free plan enables you to import 1,000 contacts and send 5,000 emails/month.
If you have more than 1,000 contacts, you can subscribe to any of its two monthly subscription plans. The pricing is based on the number of contacts imported.
- Standard – The plan starts at $19/month and allows you to send emails 12 times of your list size. It also includes all automation features and live chat support.
- Unlimited – To send unlimited emails and get access to features like Facebook audience sync, send boost, smart send, A/B testing, etc. you’d have to start with $99/month.
Privy is one of the best email marketing apps for Shopify that hasn’t received the fame and recognition that it deserves. Despite this, the software works efficiently and keeps on impressing its users.
Although, unlike other Shopify email marketing software that also provides services for other eCommerce platforms, Privy is exclusive to Shopify. The integration with your Shopify store would take just a couple of minutes and 3 simple steps.
When it comes to the software, it comprises three internal modules i.e. Privy Convert (pop-ups, flyouts, & onsite displays), Privy Emails (email marketing, automated emails, follow up emails, etc.), and Privy Text (SMS marketing). All these modules when used together will yield maximum results.
Shopify Rating – 4.6 of 5 stars from 24,430 reviews
Features That Make Privy The Best App
- Privy’s drag & drop email builder will not let you compromise with your brand style and identity in your email newsletters. The builder is efficient enough to create different types of emails such as newsletters, promos, updates, etc.
- The software leaves no room for revenue losses as it is packed with the automated cart abandonment emailing feature. If your customer leaves the product in its cart, you can remind and prompt him to complete the purchase via automated emails.
- If you’d like to build stronger relationships with your customers then you must use the automated follow-up emails feature. The follow-up email series could include thank you emails, review emails, suggest related products emails, etc.
- You will also have the power to create unique and master coupon codes for your Shopify store and include them in your emails, pop-ups, and SMSs. The app also allows you to track redemptions in real-time.
- Just like other apps, Privy also enables you to track revenue for your Shopify store for each email campaign. Not just email, you can also keep a tab on the revenue generated from pop-ups and SMSs.
How Much Does SmartrMail Cost?
The pricing for Privy is unique from the other email marketing software for Shopify mentioned in this blog. Since the software has three different modules, it offers dedicated pricing for them.
For instance, Privy Convert is free for users who get less than 5,000 page views. Its pricing starts at $20/month for up to 10,000 page views per month. Similarly, Privy Text starts at $10/month for 600 SMSs to 1 contact in a month.
But since we are here to explore the best email marketing software for Shopify, I am going to explore Privy Email in detail. It offers a single plan package with all the features like unlimited email sending limit, automated emails, follow-up emails, coupon reminder emails, etc.
The pricing is based purely on the number of contacts imported/added. Here’s an overview –
- $13/month for 1,000 contacts.
- $30/month for 5,000 contacts.
- $55/month for 10,000 contacts.
- $130/month for 25,000 contacts.
And, so on…
Although, if you are just starting out your eCommerce business, I would recommend you to consider Privy’s Standard Plan. This plan is a combo of Privy Convert and Privy Email and starts at $30/month for 2,000 contacts and up to 50,000 page views per month.
All Done. Now What?
Now that we have explored all the 8 best email marketing apps for Shopify, I am assuming that you have found the one for your Shopify store.
Although, if you are still confused about which software to pick, I would recommend you to first sign up for their free trials.
Once you use the apps, you’d make better decisions for picking the right software. In addition to this, the corresponding software’s Shopify ratings/reviews can also function as an important parameter for the decision-making process.
Lastly, if you still need my personal assistance, reach out to me via email or drop your queries in the comment section. I would be more than happy to help you out.
Don’t forget to check out a similar blog post –
- 9 Top email marketing software for eCommerce businesses
- Top WooCommerce email marketing plugins
- Top alternatives to Bronto
- Best sales funnel software for more leads & conversions
Frequently Asked Questions
A. According to me, Omnisend is the best email marketing app you can use for your Shopify store. Not only does it support email marketing but it also packs an inbuilt SMS marketing module. Of course, marketing automation, product recommendations, and other features make it the best. Apart from this, if we check the Shopify ratings/reviews, Privy could be the close second.
A. Yes, there’s a native email marketing plugin by the name of Shopify Email. Using this, you can send 2,500 emails for free in a month. If you exceed this limit, you’d be charged $1 per 1,000 emails. You should also know that it only supports basic email marketing features. To use advanced features, you must use professional email marketing apps and software.
A. Unfortunately, Mailchimp has parted its ways from Shopify in early 2019. There is no direct integration available between the two platforms. However, there’s a third party app that still integrates the two platforms.
A. If you use the email marketing apps for your Shopify store, you would be able to send promotional, newsletters, offers & discounts, seasonal, product updates & descriptions, welcome & thank you emails easily.
2 thoughts on “7+ Best Email Marketing Apps For Shopify in 2023”
the above listed apps for email marketing is insane!!!!
I am glad that you’ve found this blog useful.