Are you trying to find some of the best Klaviyo alternatives for your eCommerce store?
If so then you have arrived at the right blog…
I think you would agree with me when I’d say that Klaviyo is one of the best email marketing platforms for eCommerce businesses.
Not only does it offer an effortless email marketing feature but it also extends its marketing features to SMS, social media ads, and much more. Naturally, it can be classified as the “one-stop” marketing solution for eCommerce business owners.
But since every great thing comes at a significant price, the same is the case with Klaviyo.
Klaviyo is notoriously famous for a steep rise in its pricing as soon as you start acquiring more & more customers (or contacts, leads, subscribers, etc.).
Don’t get me wrong, Klaviyo is a great email marketing tool for eCommerce businesses. So much so that the majority of new eCommerce businesses start with Klaviyo. But as the businesses grow, they start to feel the heavy toll of its pricing.
So if you are among this group of eCommerce business owners (existing Klaviyo users) or simply looking for a decent replacement, here are the top Klaviyo alternatives.
|Omnisend||Forever free||Starts at $16/month|
|Sendlane||14 days||Starts at $99/month|
|Drip||14 days||Starts at $19/month|
|ActiveCampaign||14 days||Starts at $15/month|
|GetResponse||30 days||Starts at $15/month|
|Sendinblue||Forever free||Starts at $25/month|
|SmartrMail||Forever free||Starts at $19/month|
Before we dive deep to explore each of the alternatives to Klaviyo in detail, allow me to briefly educate you about –
What Is Klaviyo & What Does It Do?
Klaviyo is an online application that specializes in sending personalized email and SMS marketing campaigns for eCommerce businesses.
Ever since its launch in 2012, Klaviyo has grown from just a simple email marketing application to a specialized marketing suite for eCommerce businesses.
It now supports all the major eCommerce platforms like Shopify, Shopify Plus, WooCommerce, Magento, BigCommerce, Commerce Cloud, etc.
The spike in its success is due to its unique approach of using data science to trigger personalized email campaigns.
Not just this but it also utilizes data science in its different features like customer segmentation, marketing automation, retargeting ads for Facebook & Google, etc. Apart from this, Klaviyo also offers multiple integration options, sign up forms, and much more…
Now, after seeing its set of features and the amount of value packed in it, you must be thinking – do I really need a Klaviyo alternative?
Well, allow me to answer this…
Why Do You Need A Klaviyo Alternative? (Cons Of Klaviyo)
To find a genuine reason and also to find major flaws in the application, I signed up for the free trial plan of Klaviyo.
This free plan is generous enough and offers access to all the essential features. Moreover, it also allowed me to send 500 emails in a month to 250 customers.
Honestly, I found that all the features are efficient enough to handle all kinds of eCommerce business needs.
But I somewhere felt that setting up Klaviyo can be difficult for beginners. That is why it offers professional premium services for setting up, sending emails, etc. Not to mention, it also lacks the lead scoring feature.
Apart from this, the major downside of using Klaviyo is its expensive pricing. Surely you can use Klaviyo for free if you have up to 250 customers.
But if you exceed this limit, you will be prompted to upgrade to a premium plan…
Let’s understand how its pricing work –
- For 251-500 customers, you’d have to pay $20/month.
- Similarly for 501-100 customers, the price increases to $30/month.
- A 1001-1500 customers plan would cost you $45/month.
The sub-tiers increase by every 500 customers and so does its pricing.
And, by the time you acquire up to 5000 customers, you would be paying a whopping $100 every month. Similarly, for 10,000 customers, the pricing reaches $150/month. Moreover, there are external charges for sending SMSs too.
Naturally, it is a wise choice to look for a cheaper alternative to Klaviyo.
Worry not as I have explored all of the Klaviyo alternatives in detail and also discussed the characteristics that make them a reliable replacement.
Let’s start with –
Omnisend is one of the best Klaviyo alternatives that I can recommend for your new or well-established eCommerce business. It started in 2014 as a simple email marketing app but as time progressed, it specialized in being a top-class autoresponder for eCommerce businesses.
Due to this, Omnisend became the top choice software for over 50,000 customers now. Some of its notable clients include Faber-Castell, Samsung, Unilever, etc.
Know how Omnisend fare against Mailchimp in this detailed comparison review article.
What Makes Omnisend The Best Alternative?
- It provides email marketing services for all the major eCommerce platforms like Shopify, Shopify Plus, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Magento, and more.
- With Omnisend, you can launch a promotional campaign on 5 different channels (emails, SMS, push notifications, retargeting ads on Google, and Facebook) from a single dashboard.
- While other Klaviyo alternatives only offer marketing automation via email, Omnisend allows you to combine and run all sorts of automation via emails and SMS.
- You can create brand-oriented email templates with the help of the drag & drop editor. Or you can use the templates from its library of readymade email templates.
- Apart from providing reports on email marketing campaigns, Omnisend also allows you to track sales, ROI, etc. It also permits you to compare the performance of SMS and email campaigns.
Pricing Of Omnisend
To start things off, Omnisend offers a forever free plan that allows you to send 500 emails in a month to 250 contacts. You also get all the Omnisend features, tools & modules in the free plan.
When it comes to the premium plans, Omnisend’s pricing structure is built on the number of contacts imported/added to your account. Once again, the software now offers complete access to the software, irrespective of your plan choice.
However, you should know that the email sending limit, web push notifications, and SMS sending credits are different in the pricing plans.
Here’s an overview of the pricing for 500 customers/contacts –
- Free – A free plan that allows you to send 500 emails to 250 contacts every month. In addition to this, you will also get 60 international SMSs and 500 web push notification credits.
- Standard (Email) – This plan will enable you to send 6,000 emails/month, 60 international SMSs, and unlimited web push notifications at the cost of $16/month for 500 contacts. More sub-tiers (according to contacts added) are available in the plan.
- Pro (Email & SMS) – For sending unlimited monthly emails and unlimited web push notifications to 500 contacts, you’d have to pay $59/month. Furthermore, you will also get 3,540 international SMSs too.
One thing that makes Omnisend the best alternative to Klaviyo is that it now offers access to all the features and tools in all plans. Apart from this, the standard SMS pricing starts at $0.015 per SMS in the USA.
Pros & Cons Of Omnisend
- Easy to use
- Generous free plan with all features
- Works for all the eCommerce platforms
- Provides migration services
- Web push notifications
- Automatically insert products in emails
- Custom workflows and automation
- The template library does not have enough prebuilt templates
- The pricing could have been more flexible
Ever since its launch in 2013, Sendlane has grown to be one of the best email marketing services for eCommerce businesses. This makes it a top Klaviyo alternative.
Sendlane is perfectly integrable with almost all the major eCommerce platforms like Shopify, Shopify Plus, WooCommerce, etc. This extensive range of integration options and the set of features available in the software have convinced a lot of global businesses to use Sendlane.
What Makes Sendlane The Best Alternative?
- Sendlane allows you to send personalized email templates to your new & existing customers. It is also known for its personalized welcome email series.
- While other alternatives only support abandoned cart emails, Sendlane facilitates increasing conversion rates with abandoned cart funnels.
- The software is also smart enough to recommend your products to customers according to their past purchasing behavior and interest.
- Sendlane has one of the best and most elaborate customer segmentation features. As of now, you get to create segments on 12+ different metrics.
- It packs a unique feature called Sendlane Beacon. It allows you to keep tabs on all the actions and behavior of your customers. And, based on this, you can launch cross-channel targeting campaigns like SMS marketing.
Pricing Of Sendlane
I am going to be completely honest with you; Sendlane is a bit expensive. But this expensiveness is perfectly justified with its experience, performance, and set of features.
You can start using Sendlane by signing up for its 14 days free trial period. After this, you would have to upgrade to its premium plans that pack similar features with unlimited email sendings.
Since its plan is built on the number of customers imported, here’s an overview of the Sendlane pricing for 5,000 contacts –
- Growth – This plan would cost you $99/month and include all the features. Apart from this, the plan does not include features like SMS automation, migration service, multi-user access, etc.
- Pro – It will cost you $150/month and include all the features, VIP migration service, onboarding service, SMS marketing, etc.
- Starter – Sendlane takes a unique approach to this plan. It is a package that provides 6 months of access to the Growth plan (for 5,000 contacts only) at the one-time payment of $497.
Pros & Cons Of Sendlane
- Highly experienced & good reputation
- Enables drag & drop email building
- Support advanced automation
- Detailed customer segmentation
- Smooth & modern UI
- Huge array of integrations
- Migration service from Klaviyo
- Significantly expensive
- Works well for established eCommerce businesses only
Another gem of a SaaS application that claims to be an eCommerce revenue engine is Drip. It has grown from just an email marketing solution to an eCommerce Customer Relationship Management (ECRM) platform.
Drip believes in offering all the help to small eCommerce businesses so that they can compete with the big guns. This evolution of Drip has attracted a lot of eCommerce businesses and online stores from around the world and ultimately, this makes it one of the top Klaviyo competitors.
What Makes Drip The Best Alternative?
- Since Drip is an eCommerce CRM, it allows you to track and collect all the customer data such as clicks, purchases, actions like add to cart, etc.
- You have complete freedom to create diverse segmentation of your customers in Drip. Based on this, you can send personalized email campaigns for your eCommerce business.
- Drip leaves no stones unturned in targeting your customers on multiple channels. It includes emails, SMSs, and social media ads on Facebook & Instagram.
- The software enables you to A/B test your marketing automation workflows as well. This way you get to eliminate the guesswork from your marketing campaigns.
- Not only does Drip facilitate drag & drop email template building but it also allows you to add recommended products by simply adding an email block.
Pricing Of Drip
To help new and emerging eCommerce businesses to flourish, Drip has kept its pricing relatively cheaper than Klaviyo and some of its alternatives.
Moreover, Drip doesn’t restrict you on features as well. Meaning, you get to send unlimited emails, free SMSs, and access all the features.
You can start using Drip and sign up for its 14 days free trial period. Post this, you will be charged on the basis of the number of customers imported or added. Here are some of the pricing plans –
- 500 Customers – $19/month
- 2000 customers – $29/month
- 3000 customers – $49/month
- 4000 customers – $69/month
- 5000 customers – $89/month
- 10,000 customers – $154/month
There are more flexible sub-tiers available in Drip. You can calculate the pricing of which by visiting its pricing page.
Pros & Cons Of Drip
- Specialized for eCommerce businesses
- Respectable number of integrations
- Facilitates multi-channel marketing
- Simple email creation process
- Intuitive user interface
- Packs lead scoring feature
- There is no provision to create landing pages
If you don’t know it yet, ActiveCampaign is one of the oldest email marketing service providers that started offering its services in 2003. Since then it evolved from a simple emailing solution to marketing automation and now it functions as a CRM.
Since it packs all the essential features, ActiveCampaign is definitely one of the top Klaviyo alternatives in my opinion. You would be also relieved to know more than 100,000 businesses are relying on ActiveCampaign for their marketing efforts.
What Makes ActiveCampaign The Best Alternative?
- It works perfectly with leading eCommerce platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce. You can also integrate other platforms as well via Zapier.
- ActiveCampaign proudly talks about its on-point abandoned cart emails. This email is automatically sent to your customer if he didn’t complete the purchase.
- The software also packs a unique feature – win-back campaigns. It helps in re-engaging your old customers that are on the verge of becoming inactive.
- Just like other Klaviyo alternatives, ActiveCampaign also enables you to share product recommendations in simple emails or automation series.
- With ActiveCampaign, you can also reward your most loyal eCommerce customers with discounts & offers. This is possible by segmenting your customers on the basis of their total purchase value, order history, etc.
Pricing Of ActiveCampaign
ActiveCampaign offers a 14 days free trial period so that you can test the software. In this free plan, you get to import 100 contacts and send 100 emails to them.
Once the trial plan lapses, you have the flexibility to upgrade to any of its four subscription plans. You should know that the pricing is based on the number of contacts imported. And, each plan offers unlimited email sending and has a different set of features that can be unlocked as you go higher.
Here’s how pricing would look like for 500 contacts –
- Lite – $15/month and features like email marketing, subscription forms, automation, etc.
- Plus – $70/month for CRM with sales automation, landing pages, Facebook custom audience, SMS marketing, etc.
- Professional – $159/month and includes amenities like predictive sending & learning, split automation, site messaging, etc.
- Enterprise – $279/month for advanced features like custom mailserver domain, custom reporting, uptime SLA, etc.
Pros & Cons Of ActiveCampaign
- Huge experience in email marketing
- Offers best inboxing rates
- Free migration service
- Supports automation split testing
- Sleek email designing
- Custom automation & workflows
- Overwhelming features
- Very strict with email sending practices
GetResponse is one such email marketing service that has firmly planted its foot in all business niches. Be it selling online courses, generating funds for nonprofits, getting more sales in affiliate marketing, and most importantly, growing your eCommerce business.
Therefore, it is logical to include GetResponse as one of the best Klaviyo competitors. To help you quickly get started, GetResponse seamlessly integrates with eCommerce platforms like Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, Etsy, etc.
What Makes GetResponse The Best Alternative?
- GetResponse offers native eCommerce plugins for almost all the eCommerce platforms. This way you get to automatically populate your product inventory in GetResponse.
- The software packs a landing page builder feature. The best characteristic of this feature is that it integrates with payment gateways like PayPal, Stripe, etc.
- To maximize your sales, GetResponse provides readymade sales funnel templates. These funnel templates are suitable for nurturing new signups and converting them into customers.
- From sending automated abandoned cart emails to sending automatic purchase follow-up emails, GetResponse handles everything.
- You can create and manage Facebook & Instagram ads right from GetResponse. It not only helps you grow your eCommerce store’s reach but it also helps in retargeting your existing customers.
Pricing Of GetResponse
GetResponse is the home for a lot of marketing features. That’s why it now offers a generous forever free plan to use basic email marketing features. In this free trial period, it allows you to send unlimited emails to 500 contacts.
Apart from this, GetResponse is pretty flexible with the pricing as well. The subscriptions are available on a monthly, yearly, and two-yearly basis. And, all these plans come with a 30 days free trial option.
And, each plan has a different set of features and also sub-tiers of contacts. It starts with 1,000 contacts and goes up to 100,000 contacts. Here’s how GetResponse pricing looks like for 1,000 contacts –
- Forever Free – A free plan to send unlimited emails to 500 contacts. In the free plan you are also allowed to create 1 website with 10 pages, 1 landing pages with sign-up forms, and pop-ups.
- Basic – $15/month and includes features like autoresponders, unlimited landing pages, Facebook ads, sales funnel, etc.
- Plus – It would cost you $49/month and gives access to features like automation builder, webinars, contact scoring, etc.
- Professional – $99/month is the cost that you would incur. Also, it packs other advanced features like paid webinars, unlimited sales funnels, unlimited webinar funnels, and more.
- Max – For features like transactional emails, dedicated support, and IP address, you must get in touch with the sales team for custom pricing.
Pros & Cons Of GetResponse
- User friendly
- The Basic plan packs all the essential features
- Supports webinar functionality
- Powerful automation
- Provides Spam testing feature
- Good inboxing delivery rates
- Unlimited landing pages
- Generous free trial period
- Creating landing pages can be a bit slow
- Attendees limits on webinars
- Phone support only on Max plan
Keeping the streak of featuring“all-rounder” email marketing services, I would like to introduce you to Sendinblue – one of the cheapest Klaviyo alternatives. It works perfectly for bloggers but most importantly, it excels when it comes to providing services for eCommerce businesses.
Sendinblue is a French company that has a user of over 175,000. In addition to this, Sendinblue provides plenty of additional amenities such as a chat widget, CRM, transnational SMTP server, etc. to promote and grow your business.
What Makes Sendinblue The Best Alternative?
- It is quite famous for its SMTP service. It is inbuilt into the email marketing suite and helps you to handle transactional email requests for your eCommerce store.
- Sendinblue has recently started offering SMS marketing services too. So you can amalgamate your email and SMS marketing campaigns.
- You can create high-converting landing pages and sign up forms to grow your email lists. Sendinblue offers a GDPR block for your sign up form as well.
- Just like other Klaviyo alternatives, this software enables you to create and publish Facebook ads. These ads can be used to retarget your customers to your eCommerce products.
- You can also embed a chat widget on your online store with the help of Sendinblue’s chat feature.
Pricing Of Sendinblue
Sendinblue encourages you to start things off by signing up for its forever free plan. It offers 9,000 emails in a month with 300 emails/day sending limits. The best part about this free plan is that it allows you to import unlimited contacts.
Besides this, you have the option to subscribe to three subscription plans. Although, unlike other alternatives to Klaviyo, Sendinblue’s pricing is based on the number of emails sent rather than the number of contacts imported.
- Lite – The plan starts at $25/month and permits you to send 10,000 emails in a month. This sending limit goes up to 100,000 emails at the price of $99/month.
- Premium – Similarly, it starts at $65/month with 20,000 emails/month sending quota. In addition to this, you will also get features like automation, Facebook ads, landing pages, etc.
- Enterprise – For higher needs, you must get in touch with the sales team for custom pricing.
Pros & Cons Of Sendinblue
- A cheaper alternative to Klaviyo
- Solid SMTP server
- Advanced marketing automation
- Improved deliverability
- SMS marketing
- GDPR compliant
- Limited integrations
- Landing page builder available in higher plans
Another Klaviyo alternative that excels in sending email campaigns for eCommerce stores is SmartrMail. It is one of the newest emailing services as it was launched in 2016.
Despite this, SmartrMail has managed to catch a lot of attention from eCommerce business owners. And, hence it quickly became a viable choice for sending marketing emails for their stores.
What Makes SmartrMail The Best Alternative?
- It works well with major eCom platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, PrestaShop, Neto, etc.
- The email templates can be designed with the help of a drag & drop builder. And, in this email template, you can add your products with its price and description in a single click.
- SmartrMail also packs an automatic cart abandonment email mechanism similar to other Klaviyo alternatives. So if your customers didn’t complete the purchase, an automated email will be sent to prompt them to do so.
- This software is also known for its advanced automation workflow builder. From creating a simple workflow to a complex one, this tool does it all.
- The software facilitates the high-level segmentation of your customers. Moreover, you can also synchronize the segmented list to your Facebook custom audience.
Pricing Of SmartrMail
When it comes to pricing, SmartrMail emerges as a cheaper alternative to Klaviyo. It offers a forever free plan for 1,000 customers and 5,000 emails in a month.
The pricing is built on the eCommerce platforms. To be more specific, for platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce, SmartrMail offers two plans. But for Neto, it offers two completely separate plans ($29 & $149 per month).
- Standard – The plan starts at $19/month (1,000 contacts) and allows you to send emails 12 times the size of your list. Features available in this plan are email composes, automation builder, segmentation, etc.
- Unlimited – To send unlimited emails (1,000 contacts), you have to subscribe to this plan as it starts at $99/month. There are advanced features included in this plan such as Facebook audience sync, A/B testing, smart send frequency, etc.
Pros & Cons Of SmartrMail
- Easy to use
- Drag & drop email creation
- Unlimited email sending
- Facilitates migration from Klaviyo
- Automatically add products in email
- Lacks SMS marketing
- No social media ads creation feature
- A lot of limitations in the Standard plan
What’s The Next Step?
After exploring all the Klaviyo alternatives, I hope that you have found a reliable replacement for your eCommerce store.
I have tested each of the above-mentioned Klaviyo replacements before coming up with this blog. Hence, I can vouch for their performance and efficiency.
Although, if you are still unsure about your ideal pick, I would encourage you to sign up for their free trials. Testing out the software yourself will help you decide better.
At last, if you have any queries regarding these alternatives, feel free to post them in the comments section. I will make sure to help you out.
Keep the reading streak going –