If you are trying to find the best meta description generator then you have arrived at the right blog post.
You see, meta descriptions are like a short pitch to the users. Although, due to its short or concise nature, it is often overlooked by bloggers or SEO professionals.
But make no mistake, SEO meta descriptions are of utmost importance for a website. Whenever a user tries to perform a search query on the search engine, it sees a page of results or SERP. This SERP consists of at most 10 titles and their corresponding meta descriptions.
These meta descriptions try to convince users that the answer they are looking for is available with them. Hence, these descriptions help not only boost your clickthrough rates but also the SERP rankings, and eventually the overall organic traffic.
So the question now arises, how to write an effective and engaging meta description. Well, you can try the manual, laborious, and conventional ways. Or, you can pick the best meta description generator listed in this post and start generating meta descriptions automatically.
Before we explore each of the generators in detail, here’s an…
Overview & Comparison Of Meta Description Generators
|Software||AI Technology Used||Meta Description Generator||Meta Title Generator||Free Trial/Plan||Pricing|
|Jasper||GPT-3||Yes||Yes||Free 10,000 words||Starts at $29/month|
|Writesonic||GPT-3||Yes||Yes||10 free credits||Starts at $15/month|
|Copysmith||GPT-3||Yes||Yes||7 days||Starts at $19/month|
|Anyword||GPT-3, T5, & CTRL||Yes||No||Forever free||Starts at $19/month|
|Rytr||GPT-3 + Proprietary AI||Yes||Yes||Forever free||Starts at $9/month|
Let’s explore each of these generator tools in detail and learn how they can enhance your SEO strategy.
Starting this list and being termed as the best meta description generator is Jasper. The software has already been regarded as one of the AI-powered copywriting software. Not only does it uses the latest technology i.e. OpenAI’s GPT-3 language learning model but it also offers 50+ copywriting skills and templates.
Among its set of skills, Jasper offers a generator tool for meta descriptions. The characteristic that makes it unique and better than other software is its ability to generate meta descriptions for different use cases. For instance, it can efficiently create meta descriptions for blog posts, homepage, product page, and services page. Additionally, it also comes with a meta title generator as well.
Due to its wide range of features and use cases, Jasper became the “go-to” software for 50,000+ users. All of its users rate Jasper highly and share positive reviews. You can estimate the level of popularity when you know that it has an average rating of 4.9/5 on review platforms like G2, Trustpilot, and Capterra.
Features That Make Jasper The Best Meta Description Generator
- SEO Meta Description Generator For Multiple Use-Case – As said earlier, Jasper allows you to create meta descriptions for your website’s homepage, blog posts, product pages, and services pages. You can generate multiple copies of meta descriptions for your convenience.
- Meta Title Generator – To complement your meta descriptions, Jasper efficiently takes care of your meta title or SEO title needs. For every meta description you generate, Jasper will also generate a meta title for the corresponding copy.
- Boss Mode – The Boss Mode is the most robust feature of Jasper. After unlocking this feature, you can generate complete blog posts with the help of AI. Furthermore, you can also generate meta descriptions through simple Jasper Commands.
- SurferSEO Integration – Jasper comes with an option to integrate with SurferSEO. Using this integration, you can unlock important keywords for your SEO descriptions and blog posts in totality.
- Write & Translate In 25+ Languages – This software is able to generate content in 25+ global languages such as English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, etc. To use this software you’d have to customize the language setting for content input and output.
- Team & Project Management – If you are a part of a marketing team that handles blog posts and the overall SEO strategy of clients, Jasper will enable you to create and manage multiple projects. Moreover, you can add team members to concurrently work on different projects.
- Plagiarism Checker & Grammarly Integration – Jasper also offers Copyscape integration to check for plagiarism. Furthermore, it also integrates with Grammarly to remove grammatical errors from your content copies.
- Other 50+ Copywriting Tools – Lastly, access to Jasper will also enable you to use its 50+ other copywriting skills and tools. Just to name a few, you can create social media posts, ad copies, emails, etc. with Jasper.
How To Use Jasper’s Meta Description Generator?
To start things off, you need to first sign up for a Jasper account. If you already have an account, it’s well and good. Although, if you are new to Jasper, you must click my link (affiliate link) to unlock 10,000 free words and 5 day free trial period.
After going through its simple and fast onboarding process, you should be able to access its dashboard. From here, you will be able to create a New Project.
Next, you’d have to browse and find the SEO description generator tool from its set of 50+ copywriting tools. Since Jasper offers multiple use-cases for the meta generator tool, you’d have to find the one that you require. For demonstration purposes, I’d choose the SEO meta description generator tool for blog posts.
Once you select this tool, the Jasper UI will grant you access to this tool. Here, you will have to enter –
- A suitable blog heading
- A short description of what the blog post is about
- A keyword
After that, you simply have to click the Generate button to start the process.
In a matter of a few seconds, you will have a couple of copies of SEO meta descriptions. Keep in mind that to achieve SEO efficiency, Jasper includes your keyword in the meta description also.
Lastly, if you are looking to generate meta descriptions in a different language then you can customize it in the Language Setting available in Workspace Settings. Here, you can select the input and the desired output language.
Jasper Free Trial & Pricing
For new users, Jasper does not offer a free trial or a free plan, to begin with. However, since I am one of its proud affiliates, I have the liberty to offer my reader i.e. you 10,000 free words for a period of 5 days. With the help of these credits, you will be able to test Jasper’s SEO meta description generator.
Once your free credits or trial ends, you will be automatically upgraded to a premium plan. Currently, there are a couple of pricing plans that offer multiple pricing tiers. These tiers are based on the number of words generated in a month and also the set of features.
Here’s an overview of Jasper’s free trial and pricing plans –
- Free Trial – A 5-day free trial period with free 10,000-word generation credits.
- Starter – This plan starts at $29/month and allows you to generate up to 20,000 words in a month. Additionally, it also grants access to Jasper’s 50+ copywriting tools, 5 team members, and chat support. Here’s a complete breakdown of the Starter plan –
- $29/month to generate 20,000 words in a month
- $49/month to generate 50,000 words in a month
- $89/month to generate 100,000 words in a month
- $119/month to generate 150,000 words in a month
- $169/month to generate 250,000 words in a month
- $299/month to generate 500,000 words in a month
- $399/month to generate 750,000 words in a month
- $499/month to generate 1,000,000 words in a month
- Boss Mode – To unlock the Boss Mode feature, Jasper offers a dedicated plan by the name of Boss Mode. This plan starts at $59/month for 50,000 words and also grants access to other features like doc editor, Jasper commands, recipes, integration, and more. Here’s a breakdown of the Boss Mode plan –
- $59/month to generate 50,000 words in a month
- $99/month to generate 100,000 words in a month
- $279/month to generate 300,000 words in a month
- $600/month to generate 700,000 words in a month
- $1,200/month to generate 1,500,000 words in a month
- $1,900/month to generate 2,500,000 words in a month
- $3,600/month to generate 5,000,000+ words in a month
Pros & Cons Of Jasper
- The best & most recommended generator
- Uses advanced AI for content generation
- Meta titles & descriptions for different use cases
- Supports 25+ languages
- Offers a blog post generator
- Enables project management
- SurferSEO integration for SEO optimization
- No free plan
- Pricing can be a bit expensive for higher content generation needs
- Jasper may have a learning curve
Writesonic is another copywriting software that is being loved by many. Similar to most of the other software, Writesonic too uses OpenAI’s GPT-3 technology for content generation. Furthermore, it couples this AI technology with 60+ copywriting tools to generate human-like content. Among its set of tools, it offers a meta tags generator for descriptions and titles.
The software is among the few ones that allow you to generate meta descriptions and meta titles for blog posts, homepage, and product pages. To begin with, it only asks you to enter your product/business name, a short description of your product/business, and an ideal keyword. After that, it will generate multiple copies of meta descriptions and titles.
At the end of the day, Writesonic is loved by bloggers, SEO professionals, marketing teams, startups, and small businesses. Its set of features and the availability of multiple copywriting modules make it one of the best choices for content generation. Not to forget, it has an average rating of 4.9/5 on multiple review-based platforms.
Features That Make Writesonic The Best SEO Meta Description Generator
- Uses Advanced AI – As said earlier, Writesonic uses OpenAI’s GPT-3 language learning model as artificial intelligence technology for content generation. Due to this AI, the software produces high-quality content in a matter of a few seconds.
- Offers Multiple Meta Tags Generators – Writesonic allows you to generate meta titles and meta descriptions for blog posts, homepage, and product pages. With few basic details as input, you can create multiple copies of descriptions and titles.
- AI-Powered Article Generator – Similar to other meta description generators, Writesonic comes with a robust article generator. You can create a full-fledged blog post with it and later use its meta tags generator to optimize it for SEO.
- Semrush Integration For SEO – To find optimal keywords for your homepage, product page, and blog posts, Writesonic offers integration with Semrush. Further, you can also perform different SEO-quality checks for your content with Semrush.
- Supports 25 Global Languages – Apart from generating content in English, Writesonic can create meta descriptions and titles in 24 other languages. Some of the most used languages are Spanish, Italian, German, French, Russian, etc.
- Create Unlimited Projects – For marketing teams, agencies, and businesses, Writesonic enables the creation of unlimited projects. Hence, you and your team can work on multiple projects at the same time and improve your content generation efficiency.
- Add Team Members – Writesonic allows you to add team members to your account. For every team member you add, they receive their exclusive and dedicated content generation credits. Hence, your team can work concurrently on different projects.
- Other 60+ Copywriting Skills – Lastly, Writesonic offers access to its other 60+ copywriting modules like ad copy generator, email generator, blog post generator, product description generator, etc.
How To Use Writesonic’s Meta Description Generator?
If you want to use a meta description generator free of cost then you can sign up for Writesonic’s free trial. It offers 2,500 free words of Premium quality that you can spend on all of Writesonic’s long-form and basic features that include the SEO meta tags generator.
After the onboarding process and creating your first project, you will have the opportunity to create a New Copy. For this, you’d have to browse through Writesonic’s copywriting tools library and find the meta generator tool.
Or you can simply select the Website Copy filter to narrow down the tools library. After selecting the filter, Writesonic will recommend all the tools required to make your website copy better. Among its recommendations, the meta tags generator module is also included.
For demonstration purposes, I will be using the SEO meta tags generator for blog posts.
Once you select the required tool, Writesonic will ask you to input –
- The blog title/heading
- A short description of the blog post
- A suitable search term or the keyword
Besides this, it will also ask you to set the language for content output. Furthermore, you can also use the Semrush integration for SEO optimization.
After entering all the details, all you have to do is click the Generate SEO Meta Tags button. And, in a matter of a few seconds, you will have multiple copies of meta descriptions and meta titles.
Mind you, every content you generate can be later saved for future use.
Writesonic Free Trial & Pricing
Writesonic allows you to try the meta description generator and the meta title generator tool free of cost. All thanks to its free trial which offers 2,500 free words of Premium quality. You can spend these credits on Writesonic’s basic as well as long-form tools.
Once the free credits are used up, you’d have to subscribe to a premium plan to continue using the software. Speaking of which, Writesonic now offers a couple of pricing plans with monthly and yearly billing options.
Each of these plans is built for short-form or long-form content generation needs. These plans are further divided into multiple sub-tiers that offer content of Premium, Good, Average, and Economy quality.
Here’s a brief breakdown of Writesonic’s pricing structure for Premium quality words –
- Free Trial – A free plan that offers 2,500 premium quality words to use on Writesonic’s short-form and long-form tools.
- Short-Form – This plan comes with a set of features like access to all its 60+ short-form copywriting tools, multiple language support, landing page generator, one-click WordPress export, etc. Here’s how much it would cost you –
- $15/month for 12,000 premium words and 1 user seat
- $25/month for 22,500 premium words and 2 user seats
- $40/month for 40,000 premium words and 4 user seats
- Long-Form – Similarly, this plan will unlock access to Writesonic’s long-form features like Sonic editor, AI article writer, custom branding, bulk processing, and more. Here is the pricing breakdown –
- $19/month for 12,000 premium words and 1 user seat
- $49/month for 50,000 premium words and 5 user seats
- $99/month for 115,000 premium words and 5 user seats
- $199/month for 250,000 premium words and 5 user seats
- $499/month for 750,000 premium words and 10 user seats
- $999/month for 1,600,000 premium words and 10 user seats
Writesonic offers you the flexibility to switch different word quality levels at any time. Accordingly, your word limit will be adjusted.
Pros & Cons Of Writesonic
- A good meta tags generator tool
- Meta descriptions & titles for different pages & posts
- Uses GPT-3 technology
- Comes with a blog post generator
- Offers Semrush integration for SEO
- Generates content in multiple languages
- A slight learning curve for new users
- Pricing may be difficult to understand
If you own an eCommerce store or a business, you may have heard about Copysmith. In fact, I believe that you may have even used Copysmith for generating product descriptions in bulk. Well little did you know, Copysmith comes with an SEO meta description generator for your product pages as well. With the help of this tool, you can boost the rankings of your product pages.
Similar to other generator tools, Copysmith too uses OpenAI’s GPT-3 model as artificial intelligence. It couples this AI technology with its own AI wizard – Ali to enhance your copywriting experience. Ultimately, it provides 30+ copywriting tools and features to meet your content generation needs.
Being launched as a lifetime deal on Appsumo, Copysmith has come a long way since. The software proudly caters to thousands of eCommerce businesses, startups, marketers, and SEO professionals. So if you are looking to boost organic traffic for your eCommerce store then Copysmith could be your best option for generating meta descriptions.
Features That Make Copysmith The Best Meta Description Generator
- Use Of Artificial Intelligence – Copysmith leverages OpenAI’s GPT-3 model as AI to generate different types of content. This technology when used in conjunction with its proprietary AI wizard, Ali, generates the content of human-like quality.
- Meta Tags For Product Pages – Without any surprise, Copysmith packs a meta tags generator tool that can efficiently create multiple copies of meta titles and meta descriptions in a few seconds. All it asks you to enter a few details or provide it with a URL to scrap necessary information.
- Supports 60 Languages – Earlier Copysmith used to generate content only in the English language. But with the recent software update, Copysmith can create meta descriptions in more than 60 languages. You can customize the language input and output setting in the generator tool itself.
- Offers A Long-Form Content Builder – Apart from offering features and tools for eCommerce businesses, Copysmith offers a long-form content creator. You can use this tool to generate complete blog posts for your website. Later, the meta tags generator can be used to optimize your posts for SEO.
- Project & File Sharing – Firstly, Copysmith allows you to create unlimited projects in your workspace. This ensures you and your team can work concurrently on different projects. Next, it also allows you to share your project folders and files among your team.
- Add Team Members Seamlessly – Copysmith allows you to seamlessly add team members in your Copysmith workspace. Later, you can also assign projects and files to a specific member of your team.
- Frase & Other Integrations – To optimize your meta descriptions and titles for SEO, Copysmith comes with the Frase integration option. Additionally, it also integrates with Shopify, WooCommerce, Google Docs, and MS Word. You can install it as a Chrome extension as well.
How To Use Copysmith’s Meta Description Generator?
If you already do not have a Copysmith account, I’d recommend you sign up for one, especially if you have an eCommerce business. For new users, Copysmith offers a 7 days free trial.
After signing up, you will have access to its dashboard. Here, you can –
- Create a new project
- Access files of content
- Generate content copies in bulk
- Add team members
- Integrate with your preferred software
… and more.
For now, let’s try to generate meta descriptions. For this, you can select the Branding & Websites category and then select the SEO Metatag copywriting tool.
After selecting the destination for saving the file, you will then have access to the generator tool.
Here, you have to enter a few details like company name, website URL, company description, and the targeted keywords. A few more customizations like keywords to avoid and language settings can also be adjusted here.
Next, you simply have to click the Generate button to start the content generation process. In a matter of a few seconds, you will have meta titles and meta descriptions for the products.
You also have the option to edit the generated copies to match your requirements. Also, in case, if you feel the need to access these copies again, you can do so through the Projects folder.
Copysmith Free Trial & Pricing
For every new user, Copysmith generously offers a 7-day free trial period. In the free trial, you will have the liberty to test the software, its features, and content generation abilities. The best part about its free trial is that you do not have to provide your credit card details.
Although, once your free trial ends, you will have to upgrade to a premium plan to continue using the software. For now, it offers three pricing plans with monthly and yearly billing options. You will have complete access to the software irrespective of your chosen plan. However, if you want highly advanced features then you have to sign up for a custom plan.
Here’s a brief breakdown of Copysmith’s pricing plans –
- Starter – It will cost you $19/month if you sign up for this plan. In this plan, you will get 50 content generation credits (nearly 33,000 words) and 20 plagiarism checks in a month.
- Professional – At the same time, this plan will cost you $59/month for 400 content credits (nearly 260,000 words) and 100 plagiarism checks.
- Enterprise – To access advanced features like bulk import/export, custom templates, dedicated account manager, and unlimited content credits, you’d have to ask for a custom pricing.
Pros & Cons Of Copysmith
- It uses GPT-3 model as AI
- Offers a meta title & description generator
- Integration with Frase for SEO optimization
- Project and file sharing
- Enable easy team management
- Now supports multiple languages
- Ideal for eCommerce businesses only
- A short free trial
- Offers a fewer set of copywriting tools
Anyword has been in the business for a very long time now. It started as Keywee in 2013 and over several years, the team brought new changes and updates to the software. In 2021, Keywee was officially rebranded to Anyword and in the same year, it was also launched as an AI-powered copywriting tool. Since then it has been proudly catering to numerous copywriters, marketers, SEO professionals, and all kinds of businesses.
Similar to other software, Anyword packs a plethora of copywriting tools that work on OpenAI’s GPT-3 artificial intelligence technology. These tools allow you to generate content for blog posts, ad copies, social media, landing pages, and more. Among its set of tools, it also offers a meta description generator.
Additionally, it also allows you to choose how many copies of meta descriptions would you want to generate. Furthermore, it also allows you to customize the language for your meta descriptions. Ultimately, with an average rating of 4.9/5 across all the review-based platforms, Anyword comes out to be the best meta description generator for you.
Features That Make Anyword The Best SEO Meta Description Generator
- Use Of Multiple AIs – Aside from OpenAI’s GPT-3 language learning model, Anyword is known to use other AIs like CTRL and T5. These technologies work together to produce human-like content with near-to-perfect readability.
- Offers A Blog Post Generator – If you want to generate a complete blog post for your website, you can do so with the help of Anyword. It provides a blog post wizard that can create blog titles, introductory paragraphs, and outlines of your posts.
- Supports 25 Languages – The software supports as many as 25 global languages for content generation. So if you want to generate meta descriptions in English, Spanish, Italian, French, German, etc., Anyword will allow you to do so.
- Predictive Performance Score – Anyword is one of the first copywriting tools that introduced the predictive performance score feature. It generates a content copy and also provides a score that predicts and evaluates the potential of engagement.
- Efficient Project Management – This tool not only allows you to create unlimited projects and workspace but also allows you to easily manage them. Furthermore, you can add team members to your account and collaborate on different projects easily.
- Multiple Copywriting Tools – Besides meta description generator, Anyword offers multiple copywriting templates to create content for website copies, landing pages, blog posts, ad copies, social media, and more.
How To Use Anyword’s Meta Description Generator?
The description generator tool is a part of Anyword’s basic copywriting tools. So it is available in every pricing plan. Despite this, you can also access the generator tool in its forever-free plan also. All you have to do is sign-up.
After signing up, you will have access to Anyword’s dashboard. From here, you can create a new workspace/project. After that, you can generate copies for that particular project. The software also ensures easy management of generated content copies.
Next, you can browse through all the Anyword’s copywriting tools by clicking on the Favorite Tools option. Consequently, you can find the SEO Meta Description tool in the Landing Page section.
Apart from this, you can also choose the Editor from the left-hand side panel, create a New Document, and then choose the SEO Meta Description tool in the Website section.
Once you open the tool, you’d then have to provide –
- A product name
- A short product description
Based on this information, Anyword will generate multiple copies of meta descriptions. One thing to note here is that Anyword will only produce meta descriptions and not meta titles.
Lastly, if you are signed up on a higher plan (Data-Driven), Anyword allows you to set the number of description copies and the language settings.
Anyword Free Trial & Pricing
Firstly, it allows all new users to sign up for its forever-free plan. In this free plan, you will get access to all of its basic copywriting tools, and blog post wizard, with one user seat. Moreover, you should know that you will be limited to generating 1,000 words in a month only.
If you want to generate more words or if you want to access its advanced features, you’d have to subscribe to its premium plans. Currently, Anyword offers a couple of pricing plans for “very small businesses” and three plans for “most businesses”. All of these plans come with monthly and yearly billing options.
You should take a look at the breakdown of Anyword’s pricing plans –
- Free – A forever-free plan to generate 1,000 words for meta descriptions in a month.
- Basic – This plan has multiple pricing tiers that start with $19/month for 15,000 words credit. At the same time, this plan goes up to $149/month for 200,000 word credits.
- Data-Driven – In this plan, you can get 30,000 words credit at the cost of $99/month. Also, you can unlock the unlimited words credit by paying $399/month. You will also unlock the predictive performance score feature as well in this plan.
Besides this, for advanced features like multiple team seats, unlimited credits, custom AI models, multi-language support, etc., you’d have to request for custom pricing.
Pros & Cons Of Anyword
- Uses multiple AIs for content generation
- Offers predictive performance score for content
- Generates content in 25 languages
- Comes with a blog post generator
- Does not offer a meta title generator
- Advanced features are available in higher plans
Rytr has been a life-changing copywriting tool for bloggers, freelancers, marketers, small businesses, and entrepreneurs. Not only does it offers a stellar range of features and tools but it is also very affordable. Additionally, using GPT-3 as artificial intelligence along with its own proprietary AI ensures the content generation of the highest quality.
Among its set of copywriting tools, it offers a meta description generator as well as a meta title generator. While other software may offer both these tools in a single module, Rytr takes a different approach and offers two separate modules. This ensures that you have complete flexibility in your content generation process.
Besides this, you would love to know that Rytr has bagged several awards and high ratings from its users. As of now, it has an average rating of 4.9/5 on platforms like Trustpilot, G2, and more.
Features That Make Rytr The Best Meta Description Generator
- Use Of Multiple AI Technologies – To enhance the quality of the generated content and also to improve the overall content generation process, Rytr uses GPT-3 in conjunction with its own proprietary artificial intelligence.
- Dedicated Meta Tags Generator Modules – Rytr offers a dedicated tool for SEO meta description generator and title generator. You can start by generating meta titles with Rytr. Later, you can use these titles to generate meta descriptions.
- Generates Content In 30+ Languages – The software offers you the chance to customize the language of your meta descriptions. For instance, you can generate meta tags in English, Italian, German, French, Spanish, etc.
- Customize Tone Of Voice – Rytr is one of the only software that allows you to set the tone of your content. This feature is available in the generator tool itself and offers up to 20+ tone of voice options.
- Seamless Project & Team Management – Firstly, it allows you to create and manage unlimited projects and files. Next, it also allows you to create and add team members to your Rytr account to work concurrently on different projects.
- Content Optimization Tools – This software comes with various content optimization tools like grammar checker, plagiarism checker, content expander, shortner, rewriter, and more.
- Other 30+ Copywriting Skills – Besides generating content for meta descriptions and titles, Rytr also enables you to generate content for product descriptions, blog posts, ad copies, social media posts, YouTube channels, etc.
How To Use Rytr’s Meta Description Generator?
In order to get started with Rytr, you need to sign up for an account. The best part about Rytr is that it comes with a forever-free plan that allows you to generate up to 5,000 characters in a month.
Nevertheless, once you sign up, you’d have to get through a simple onboarding process. After this, you will have direct access to the Rytr editor. Here, you’d have to first create a folder and then a file.
The editor is divided into two sections. On the left-hand side, you have the option to choose the desired copywriting skill. In this case, we will choose the SEO Meta Description. Furthermore, you can also customize language, tone of voice, and copy variations settings.
Lastly, you need to provide/input a suitable meta title to Rytr so that it can generate a meta description accordingly.
Once all the settings have been configured, all you have to do is click on the Ryte For Me button. In a matter of a few seconds, you will have multiple copies of meta descriptions.
If you want to access your generated content later, you can do so by visiting the History module or accessing the files in the saved folder.
Rytr Free Trial & Pricing
You can start using Rytr’s meta description generator free of cost as it comes with a forever-free plan. It allows you to generate up to 5,000 characters in a month for free. Moreover, it grants complete access to the software.
If you feel that the free credits are not enough for your content generation needs, you can sign up for its pricing plans. It offers a couple of pricing plans with monthly and yearly billing options.
Here’s an overview of Rytr’s pricing plans –
- Free – A life-long free plan that permits you to generate content of up to 5,000 characters in a month.
- Saver – In this plan, you will have to pay $9/month to generate up to 50,000 characters. Additionally, you will also be able to create your custom use case in this plan as well.
- Unlimited – Lastly, this plan is chargeable at the rate of $29/month and offers unlimited content generation credits. Besides, you will also get a dedicated account manager and priority support.
Pros & Cons Of Rytr
- Simple yet robust copywriting tool
- Makes use of GPT-3 for content generation
- Offers dedicated meta title & description generator tools
- Allows you to set tones of voice
- Supports multiple languages
- Project management with team
- Comes as a Chrome extension as well
- Rarely, the content quality may not be up to the mark
- Free credits is very low
- No blog post generator
After exploring all the meta description generator tools, I hope you have found the one that suits your content generation and SEO needs.
If not then I would recommend you to try these software out. All of them come with either a free trial or a free plan. It would be best for you to figure out the best option after testing them.
That being said, if you want quick advice, I would recommend you go with either Jasper or Writesonic. Both of these tools offer the best content generation features and efficiencies. Furthermore, they integrate seamlessly with SEO optimization tools.
Naturally, your meta descriptions and meta titles will be automatically optimized for SEO and hence, you will get a boost in your rankings.
Here are other relevant blog posts that you may want to read –
- Best AI-powered copywriting tools
- Top tools for generating social media posts
- Robust AI story-generating tools
Lastly, you can read further to know more about meta descriptions, how to write a good meta description, description generator tools, and their benefits.
What Is Meta Description?
In technical terms, a meta description is an HTML element that provides a brief summary of a web page. Here’s an example of a meta description for a page –
<meta name=”description” content=”This is an example of a meta description that often shows up in search results.”>
This code is shown as a search snippet on SERPs and is used as a short summary of that respective page or a blog post. Ideally, it is advised to use 155-160 characters for writing the meta description.
What Is Meta Description Used For?
Basically, a page’s meta description tag is displayed as part of the search snippet. The purpose of this snippet is to give the user or a web user an idea of the content that exists on your page and also how it relates to their search query.
It was earlier hypothesized that meta descriptions are a ranking factor on search engines like Google. However, in 2009, Google announced that neither meta descriptions nor meta keywords factor into Google’s ranking algorithm.
That being said, since it provides a brief insight into the content of your webpage or blog post, it contributes to your Click-Through Rates. The better your CTR, the better your chances are of improving your search rankings.
Hence it is advised to write brief but engaging meta descriptions for your website, pages, or posts.
How To Create A Meta Description?
If you are optimizing your website, pages, and blog posts using an SEO platform/plugins like Yoast or Rank Math, you will have a dedicated module to write your own meta description.
Despite this, here’s a checklist of things you should consider while creating a meta description –
- Keep It Short – The ideal length of a meta description is 155-160 characters. You should formulate your description in such a way that it conveys necessary information within this limit.
- Make It Engaging – To make your meta descriptions engaging, you should try to implement copywriting formulas in your copy. Additionally, you should write your meta descriptions in an active voice.
- Use A Call-To-Action – It is advisable to include a call to action like “check out”, “find out more”, “know more”, etc. in your descriptions. This entices web users to click on your search result and visit your website.
- Use Your Focus Keyword – Both of these SEO plugins and other platform encourages you to add the focus keyword in your meta description. It is possible that Google may highlight that keyword in your search snippet and hence, may contribute to your CTR.
- It Should Resonate With The Content On Your Page – Your meta description should match the content of your webpage or post. It is basically a brief summary of the content that is available on your page/post.
- Make It Unique – The best on-page SEO practice is to use unique content. The same goes for meta descriptions as well.
You can follow this checklist to create a good meta description. Or you can use the meta description generator tools mentioned above to do all the heavy lifting for you. Most of these tools will adhere to the checklist mentioned above.
What Is A Meta Description Generator?
A meta description generator is an online application or a SaaS application that generates meta descriptions for your website, pages, blog posts, etc. with the help of artificial intelligence.
Speaking of which, the latest batch of tools works on OpenAI’s GPT-3 language learning model. This AI technology is known to create on-point and human-like content with few basic input. Not to forget, the complete content generation process takes only a few minutes.
In addition to the AI, these tools also integrate with major SEO optimization platforms like Semrush, Frase, SurferSEO, etc. When the software’s AI and the SEO integration work together, it enables you to generate SEO-optimized meta descriptions.
Not just meta descriptions but also meta titles. All in all, these SEO meta description generator tools will help you build and improve your SEO strategy.
How Do Meta Description Generators Will Help You With Your SEO Strategy?
Here are some ways in which these generator tools will help you with your SEO strategy and your content needs –
- These tools will generate multiple copies of meta descriptions and titles in a matter of seconds. This will help you save a lot of time that can be dedicated to other important tasks.
- With the SEO platform integration available, these tools will help you outrank your competition. For every description or title you generate, these software will ensure that they are optimized for SEO.
- Outranking your competitor basically means that you attain higher rankings in search results. This ensures that you unlock a larger stream of organic traffic. Furthermore, it also improves your conversions and sales across your website or the funnel.
- After getting a better stream of organic traffic, your ROI will improve. Since organic traffic is free, you can use the money saved on other marketing campaigns.
- If you are a part of a marketing team, a single software can handle meta description generation needs for multiple clients. This ensures that you can manage multiple projects and start earning more.
- When you use a meta description generator, you are ensuring that the description copies match your brand message. This characteristic is useful in connecting with your audience in a better way.
Some Website Meta Description Examples
If you have written a great meta description, Google will display it in your search results. However, Google sometimes chooses to not display your meta description. And, instead, it picks a snippet from your website content that it feels could be better than the original description.
Either way, here are some examples of my website’s meta descriptions on search pages –
My site’s home page –
My blog post on AI copywriting tools –
Another blog post on email marketing –
Frequently Asked Questions On Meta Description Generators
There isn’t any difference between meta description and SEO description. Both the terms are used interchangeably and usually mean the same thing.
Meta tags are HTML tags that function as little content descriptors and help tell search engines what a web page is about. Meta tags appear only in the page’s source code and not on the page itself. Some of the common meta tags include meta descriptions, meta titles, meta robots, etc. Meta descriptions and meta titles are a part of meta tags.
An ideal meta description should be 155-160 words long, should include a focus keyword, should be written using the active voice, and should contain a call to action.
You can use SEO platforms like Semrush, Frase, SurferSEO, Mangools, etc. to check if your meta description is good enough. At the same time, if you are using CMS platforms like WordPress, Shopify, etc. you can use plugins like Yoast or Rank Math to optimize your meta descriptions.